DX2 & Launcher Pro

deborah3756

Reaction score
I have Launcher Pro, after the Gingerbread update, I noticed that I couldn't make it my default home screen. Come to find out it wasn't a problem with the update, launcher pro devs aren't developing anymore. In other words launcher pro is just is sitting there stagnating.

I downloaded Go Launcher and works like a dream.

Has anyone else had these issues? Has anyone else noticed problems with Launcher Pro?

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

berfles

Reaction score
The only problem I have is constant redrawing of the damn pages. I guess it's a memory issue or something, but holy god it's annoying. I'll check Facebook and/or messages, click Home and it takes 2-3 seconds for the icons to friggin populate again. Then the first one or two screen slides are rough as they transition. I'm going to try another launcher, especially if they aren't updating this one anymore.

aaroniz

Reaction score
Let us know if you find a better one. I'm having the same problem.

OP
deborah3756

deborah3756

Reaction score
Try Go Launcher, it's free through The Market. So far it's been awesome. Beats Launcher Pro hands down and the developers are still working on it, continually improving and adding. Launcher Pro looks to be abandoned. I paid for that!

cobjones

Reaction score
ADW_EX has been lightening on my D2.

I never get a redraw, and is crazy customizable. It cost 3.30, but you can try the free one to get a feel of it.

I've have LPP, GoLauncher , Regina, Panda, and most others, and I always come back to ADWex.

berfles

Reaction score
ADW_EX has been lightening on my D2.

I never get a redraw, and is crazy customizable. It cost 3.30, but you can try the free one to get a feel of it.

I've have LPP, GoLauncher , Regina, Panda, and most others, and I always come back to ADWex.

I just tried it, went into my Gmail account and clicked Home. I swiped to get a different screen and it was jerky already.

antron007

Reaction score
If you are rooted there is a command you can enter through the terminal emulator that fixes lp redraw issue.

In a terminal
type su and enter.
Then type
echo ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 >> /data/local.prop and enter.
(All one line)
Then reboot.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

garywojdan81

Reaction score
You can fix redraw on the blur launcher by increasing the vm heap size in the build.prop file. Going from 32 to 36 made a world of difference for me.

rp076

Reaction score
I also have Go Launcher EX on my DX2 & it works great. Only one Ive found that work great all around...way better than that handsent

berfles

Reaction score
I guess I have to look into how to root a Gingerbread X2 if I used the normal update and not the pre-rooted one.

rp076

Reaction score
I guess I have to look into how to root a Gingerbread X2 if I used the normal update and not the pre-rooted one.

Good luck friend, but as of right now there's no way of rooting the ota gingerbread...:frown:

Reaction score
Good luck friend, but as of right now there's no way of rooting the ota gingerbread...:frown:

To clarify: The only method to root an DX2 running GB is to use the Prerooted one p3droid provided. Your not locked out but you have to be willing to SBF and wipe the phone. Lot of work but worth it IMO.

ashclepdia

Reaction score
To clarify: The only method to root an DX2 running GB is to use the Prerooted one p3droid provided. Your not locked out but you have to be willing to SBF and wipe the phone. Lot of work but worth it IMO.

Just wanted to say that as long as you follow the directions. I reccomend mikej's simple post I think is now sticky. Simple to the point directions just follow exactly and should be no problem. Just do system wipe after sbf in privacy setting menu to get rid of all old stuff. Just put what u want to keep on external sd card

Reaction score

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
What's that box of icons on the Go Launcher home screen? When it starts up it asks a question about icons I didn't get.
Other than that I real like the programmable buttons on the bottom of the screen.

I really like the stock launcher, it's fast and zero redraws (had enough of that with OG Droid)
I do agree sometimes getting from HS to HS isn't a smooth as it should.