OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Nope

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
So only the g line for Moto? Is the g7 any good. Where did the actually post that no more z phone models will be made any not more Moto mods? I googled and couldn't find any official info from Moto saying that

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
So only the g line for Moto? Is the g7 any good. Where did the actually post that no more z phone models will be made any not more Moto mods? I googled and couldn't find any official info from Moto saying that

Moto has numerous lineups right now:

Moto E: Budget phones. Current model: Moto E6. Nice phones and very inexpensive. Great for people that don't need much and don't have much to spend.

Moto G: Mid-range phones. Current model: Moto G7 (G7, G7 Play, G7 Power). Higher specs than the Moto E and priced in the mid range area. Great phones for the money, if you aren't a power user or are not concerned about high end specs.

Moto Z: Moto Mod phones. Current model: Moto Z4.

Moto One: Numerous models released this year (One Power, One Pro, etc.). Currently not available in the US.

Yes...the Moto G7 is a good phone. It's actually a great phone for the money. As long as you understand that it's a mid-range phone and don't expect high end specs or high end performance. You aren't going to get all the features of a Moto Z in a G7. If you are good with that, go check one out at a Verizon store. Verizon sells the Moto G7 Power. It's very thick with that massive battery in it. Just don't expect it to be a Moto Z in terms of performance and features.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
So your saying a Moto g7 isnt as fast as old z2?

So what manafuturer makes a phone close to Z2 specs or better minus Moto mods and is durable

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Is it "fast"? Yes. As fast as a Z2? I don't know. What do you mean by fast? We all have different interpretation of that. I can't remember the last time I saw a "slow" smart phone. There are no phones with a durable screen like a Z2 Force.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Is it "fast"? Yes. As fast as a Z2? I don't know. What do you mean by fast? We all have different interpretation of that. I can't remember the last time I saw a "slow" smart phone. There are no phones with a durable screen like a Z2 Force.

By fast I mean processor is fast enough that apps take up less battery CPU time extending the battery life

By close to the z2 for durability what is the next best durable phone some must be better than others

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
By fast I mean processor is fast enough that apps take up less battery CPU time extending the battery life

* It's a mid-range phone. So.....???? You would have to check out one in a store and decide for yourself. In my opinion....you would not be happy with it, just based on your posts here.

By close to the z2 for durability what is the next best durable phone some must be better than others

* I have no idea. Every other phone on the planet is traditional Gorilla Glass, so they will all break if dropped. That's what good cases are for. Samsung, LG, One Plus, Google all make good phones. But all are glass, so get a good case.

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Upped to a z4 from a z2 force. Much better phone IMHO. Get a good case and you're set.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
What do you like that's better about and can it withstand a drop without a case and how can you you have a case if using Moto mods?

I read some comparisons vs web sites and it says the z4 is slower cpu but not noticable and that the Z4 has better battery life

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
No....it cannot withstand a drop without a case. It's a Gorilla Glass screen. It will break if you drop it.

If you want to use Moto Mods there are bumper cases available, that will help give some protection.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
What kind.of case protects screen without disabling the in screen finger print scanner I went in Moto's web site and there are alot of really good reviews that it's faster than z3 but not z2 and alot of reviews about problems with in display fingerprint scanner

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Dude. Great phone. Better than my z2. You have to make the decision. We can't make it for you.
The case vs moto mod thing is the same as it was with your z2. You should have already figured that out. No difference. Personal choice. I don't use my mods that much, so a case works for me. I take it off for my mods. NO PROBLEM
if you're this hesitant about a z4, then look another brand.
As for the processor..... The whole z4 package is quicker than my z2 (seems to me)
Either way... Best of luck!

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
PS.... Ain't a dang thing wrong with the fingerprint sensor.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
What kind.of case protects screen without disabling the in screen finger print scanner I went in Moto's web site and there are alot of really good reviews that it's faster than z3 but not z2 and alot of reviews about problems with in display fingerprint scanner

Sorry.....I don't really understand this post and if this is one question or multiple questions? As bruben mentioned, you have to make a decision. We can't do it for you. And as bruben mentioned, since you already found all the negative reviews and already have an unfavorable opinion on the Z4 you should not buy one. There are plenty of other phones for sale right now. If you have any doubt about this phone, any doubt at all....don't buy it. Keep your Z2 Force until it's almost dead. And then find a phone that you want with no doubt and no second guessing, no matter what make & model it is.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Same here!

People are never happy. Every phone with an indisplay FP reader gets complaints. If you believe everything on Reddit the 6t FP reader sucks too. It doesn't.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk