Priority/ do not disturb/ whitelist problems on z2 force

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I am using googles messages
When I am in silent mode messages vibrate. I noticed in each contact in people and options, it's set to vibrate but off globally. When do not disturb is off it doesn't vibrate. Where do I change this setting globally as in messages setting globally vibrate is of.

Also third party apps that do call filtering whitelist is not working for priority mode sms messages but works for calls.

Built in Priority whitelist works for stared contacts but can't choose a group or individuals that aren't stared. I used to have only my favorite contacts stared for easy access from dialer but on z2 force I have to edit it to only be my whitelist callers. That was why I have been using call filtering apps on previous phones, but now this apps aren't working correctly on z2 force.

Also after dinner not disturb is on ringer volume does not switch back to normal it stays at 0 how do u set so when do not disturb is off it goes back to original volume?

Anybody else run into these issues?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I am using googles messages
When I am in silent mode messages vibrate. I noticed in each contact in people and options, it's set to vibrate but off globally. When do not disturb is off it doesn't vibrate. Where do I change this setting globally as in messages setting globally vibrate is of.

Also third party apps that do call filtering whitelist is not working for priority mode sms messages but works for calls.

Built in Priority whitelist works for stared contacts but can't choose a group or individuals that aren't stared. I used to have only my favorite contacts stared for easy access from dialer but on z2 force I have to edit it to only be my whitelist callers. That was why I have been using call filtering apps on previous phones, but now this apps aren't working correctly on z2 force.

Also after dinner not disturb is on ringer volume does not switch back to normal it stays at 0 how do u set so when do not disturb is off it goes back to original volume?

Anybody else run into these issues?

I did some tests and so far I found a work around for the sms whitelist, I had to use a separate from the call/sms filtering app that had an override priority setting but it was labeled override silent. So the call filtering app that was supposed to do both just whitelists calls and the second app whitelists sms. Together it works.

But I still haven't found the setting to turn off vibrate on messages when in priority or silent mode.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I did some tests and so far I found a work around for the sms whitelist, I had to use a separate from the call/sms filtering app that had an override priority setting but it was labeled override silent. So the call filtering app that was supposed to do both just whitelists calls and the second app whitelists sms. Together it works.

But I still haven't found the setting to turn off vibrate on messages when in priority or silent mode.

Cross linking my other thread to my other related thread Priority mode, not reverting to original volume when turned off