Z2 force finally got a screen scratch when dropped on subway

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
2 small scratches and still barely noticeable. I want a z5 force edition.

What's the next best unscratchable phone to the z2 force now adays?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
There are none. That was the last Shattershield force phone. And there will never be another.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Sajo: crusher of dreams.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
There are none. That was the last Shattershield force phone. And there will never be another.

So what's the next best z4 version that durable and as fast or faster then z2 or do I need to go to another brand for durability. I wouldn't want to give up Moto mods

Are the z4 faster then z2?

Still probably gonna use z2 till it doesn't work anymore or the battery dies as it's still very good. Still best phone ever to me

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
There is only one Z4 this year, that's it....just a Z4. No Play model, no Force model....just the Z4. There are 2 variant options, Verizon specific and a carrier Unlocked.

Is it faster than my Z2 Force was? Hard to say. What's "fast" to you may not be to me. What does "fast" really mean with phones? I can't remember the last time I had a phone that didn't seem fast to me. It's newer than the Z2 by two years, so it's probably a little faster and has some new features. I like it a lot. The screen area is much larger, with a close to edge-to-edge screen. That's the main reason I bought one. I am getting a little better battery life than my Z2, but not massively more.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
The Z4 is not faster then a Z2. It's not slow. But no... That processor is slower on paper then the Z2 and Z3. Z3 might be the smart play if you want to keep it Moto.
Although the first company to release a phone without the headphone jack.... It was Moto, not Apple.... Actually brought it back on the Z4.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Slower numbers on paper don't always equal the user experience. Anyone that has or had a Z2 Force needs to use a Z4 before buying into the "slower processor" negative hype.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
No. It doesn't. Is Chrome going to load quicker in a Z3? Of course not. And the Z4 is 7 points higher on the Antutu scale. 177 vs 170. There's still no way I'd go from an 8 series Snapdragon to a 6. The Z3 is Moto's last great phone imo.
Moto is moving solidly mid range. The writing is on the wall.
There's a reason the Z4 is so cheap. It's not a flagship.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
It was never meant to be a flagship. But thank you for pointing all that out. I almost forgot that the phone I have owned since launch day, and use every day, is a giant piece of crap. I almost forgot that there is no lag whatsoever, and it's so buttery smooth that the chip running it is complete garbage. I'm so glad you reminded me that a phone with a 600 series chip is complete crap, and inferior to all phones running an 800. My phone is way snappier than my wife's Z3. But what the hell do I know? I just actually own one of each and use each... everyone else that just reads about it knows way more than me.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
The z2 was way faster then my turbo 2 by light years and much better on battery.
I'm going to hang onto the z2 till it has issues
it is losing a bit on battery life though

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
It was never meant to be a flagship. But thank you for pointing all that out. I almost forgot that the phone I have owned since launch day, and use every day, is a giant piece of crap. I almost forgot that there is no lag whatsoever, and it's so buttery smooth that the chip running it is complete garbage. I'm so glad you reminded me that a phone with a 600 series chip is complete crap, and inferior to all phones running an 800. My phone is way snappier than my wife's Z3. But what the hell do I know? I just actually own one of each and use each... everyone else that just reads about it knows way more than me.

Stop being such an effing fan boy Sajo. There's no way that level of vitriol from you towards me is warranted. Did I say it was s***? Wtf did I even say?!? I wouldn't buy one? It's a solid mid range? Some bench marks?
Hardly insulting. Lighten up.
Maybe you're so insulted because deep down you know you should have bought something else?!? Bwahahahaha I'm kidding, I'm kidding.
Lighten. Up. My FRIEND.
Moto totally disappointed me for that last 2 generations. I'm glad you're happy.
I have a feeling our friend here wants to stay flag shippy. If he doesn't and wants mods, I'd recommend the Z3 which fits mods better too, as you've told us yourself.
If he wants to stay flagshippy and doesn't care about mods? It's time to move on.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I want battery mod and phone as fast as my z2 and one that doesn't break easy. Maybe wait for z5 when does z5 come out

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
There won't be a Z5 and there won't be another Shattershield screen. Unfortunately.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
There won't be a Z5 and there won't be another Shattershield screen. Unfortunately.

What are the Lenovo or Moto next models going to be. Aren't they going to continue making Moto mods phones after z4?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
.....Aren't they going to continue making Moto mods phones after z4?

The general consensus is...No. They said three generations of Moto Z, and then made a 4th so Verizon could have another 5G Mod capable phone. I would not expect another Moto Z next year. Hopefully something new and different, like a new style Moto X or similar. And don't plan on ever seeing another Shattershield phone.