[YAY] Opera Mini 5 released in beta

moot

Reaction score
I'm still keeping xscope as the default, but this browser is AMAZING for image heavy websites such as Engadget.

If only xcope could also cache images, I would pay for it again!

Cyrus6001

Reaction score
This lasted 5 minutes on my Droid.
They have a lot of work to do before this finds a permanent home on my phone.
Dont get me wrong, Opera 4 was a life saver on my blackberry, but so far the droid default browser works just fine.
Once this is fixed i will deff use it, because u really do save a lot of data since everything is processed on their servers and not on the phone.
*fingers crossed for a speedy fix to this beta

shorto85

Reaction score
Used for a few mins and went back to the default browser. No pinch to zoom kinda put a bad taste in my mouth from the start.

clucernoni

Reaction score
What problems do you guys have with this? I found it very easy to use and it loads pages amazingly fast. no pinch to zoom is a bummer I don't sure it often on my other browsers anyway.

voodoodaddy

Reaction score
Guess Im in the minority. I think for a beta its pretty darn good. I used Opera Mini a little on my Crapberry Storm and it was terrible because it wasnt built for a touchscreen device. This is pretty slick, nice UI, fast. Im keeping it for sure.

mendy817

Reaction score
it just seems to look odd when the pages load... not sure why, but they don't look right. can't wait till the official release!

darreno1

Reaction score
Tried it and honestly was not that impressed. IMO, Dolphin and Xscope are still better.

zero7404

Reaction score
i saw this today too ... so far no issues with the stock browser ... but i'm waiting for fennec so that i can integrate all my firefox bookmarks & extension settings with it ...

searayman

Reaction score
it def is fast, but renders most pages i use wrong. Such as mobile google reader and facebook touch. They dont fit....

Phoxus

Reaction score
XScope may lose in the looks department, but the 1 guy who works on XScope in his spare time (family/job/own life) being faster than companies says everything to me.

Not to mention constant updates of awesomeness.

gentlefury

Reaction score
not too bad. it has some render issues and seems to always lean to mobile versions even for sites I know run fine on stock. it's good for beta. very fast. and as you can see from this. auto caps doesn't work. LOL.

PhoneSter

Reaction score
Fail. Beta or not... Opera is big... should put more R&R into the thought process