Yahoo Messenger Buggy

jonamurphy

Reaction score
Is anyone else actually using the official Yahoo Messenger app, and if so do you find it unacceptably buggy?

Bugs I've found in the few weeks I've used it:
  1. Sometimes I receive multiple (like a dozen) duplicate messages over and over.
  2. Cannot attach files or pictures. The buttons just don't seem to work.
  3. Contacts sometimes appear offline on mobile app, but online on desktop app.
  4. Lots of crashes to desktop.
  5. History randomly resets to near the beginning of the history, instead of staying at the last message.
  6. Characters don't appear in text box or are severely delayed sometimes.
Everything else on the phone runs great, so I'm assuming all of these are problems with this app.

What suggestions do you have for a good alternative? I've read some other forums and all of these issues appear to be documented by others and Yahoo hasn't fixed them in a reasonable amount of time.

hammytoad

Reaction score
Is anyone else actually using the official Yahoo Messenger app, and if so do you find it unacceptably buggy?

Bugs I've found in the few weeks I've used it:
  1. Sometimes I receive multiple (like a dozen) duplicate messages over and over.
  2. Cannot attach files or pictures. The buttons just don't seem to work.
  3. Contacts sometimes appear offline on mobile app, but online on desktop app.
  4. Lots of crashes to desktop.
  5. History randomly resets to near the beginning of the history, instead of staying at the last message.
  6. Characters don't appear in text box or are severely delayed sometimes.
Everything else on the phone runs great, so I'm assuming all of these are problems with this app.

What suggestions do you have for a good alternative? I've read some other forums and all of these issues appear to be documented by others and Yahoo hasn't fixed them in a reasonable amount of time.

Nah man works great for me. I use it all day everyday . I have about 90 or so contacts and no skipping crashes or anything else you described. I haven't used the history function on my phone but if i find errors ill post about it.

Have you tried to clear app cache or reinstall?

The only thing i get that you brought up is the contact online offline trouble. But its been working as of lately. Was acting like it was out of sync or couldn't keep sync.

As for character delay. I'm on OG and everything is delayed lol even while OC'd at 1.1ghz its a tad sluggy

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Natey2

Reaction score
Picture send/receive is flakey.
Video chat (beta?) can get triggered accidentally, and rings without stop, and you have to kill the Yahoo tasks to recover.

I say stick with something like Trillian: at least picture send with Yahoo works (but picture receive doesn't).

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app.