Yahoo Instant MessengerApp error downloading photos and other problems

Blackbird71

Reaction score
A note before I get started: I've searched for inomation on this topic both here and other sites, but I haven't been able to find anything recent related to his issue. If this has been solved elsewhere, please point me to a link, thanks!

For reference, I'm using a Droid 2 Global with Android version 2.3.4.

In using the Yahoo! Instand Messenger App, I've been running into problems lately. The first is that I can't seem to receive photos sent via the same app. When someone sends me a photo from their phone, I receive a message with the option to accept or decline it. When I choose accept, it tries to download, then it looks like it gets to about 97% complete, and returns an "unspecified error", with no option to retry the download or otherwise start over.

The other problem I have been having is that if I use the slide-out keyboard to type messages in the app, it works fine for a while, but then instead of typing letters, the keys start triggering shortcuts taking me to other system apps ("c" opens the calendar, "g" loads gmail, etc.). If I close the slide-out and switch to the touch screen keyboard, it works fine, and I can open the slide-out again for a little while, then it starts acting up again.

Does anyone know of a solution to these issues? Are these inherent flaws in the app itself, or is it something I can fix on my end? If in fact it can't be fixed, is there a decent replacement app out there? I'm basically looking for something that will allow sending instant messages between two phones (without using the basic text messaging). Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions!

Edit: One other isue I'll mention, although I'm not 100% certain that this app is the cause, but a few times while I was in messenger typing a message, my phone would suddenly reboot itself. Has anyone else had this happen?

OP
B

Blackbird71

Reaction score
I did some testing last night, and uninstalling and reinstalling the app seems to have fixed the issues; I'll report back if it starts acting up again.

Has anyone else seen similar behavior with this app?