K9 Email Usage

ohioDroid

Reaction score
Hi, this is my first post here. I've had a Droid for about a week, been using these forums and others to get good apps and stuff, but now I'm reaching a point where it's time to ask questions.

I liked the default email app that came in Android, but it had an issue with my Yahoo mail (I did successfully get it to sync IMAP to Yahoo). Every time the app synced to Yahoo, it would place another copy of my sent items online. I checked webmail after a few days and found hundreds of copies of the same emails in my Sent folder. Searched the internet, found no solution, so I downloaded K9.

Problem is, I got used to the original app's interface...

I don't know if there is a setting available for this or not, if so, please let me know how to do this. The email app that came with the Droid had two features I really liked.
1) When a notification about new mail appears, clicking on it opens that message.
2) When viewing my email accounts, there was a button on screen to jump to subfolders.

K9 mail, for me, does:
1) A notification for new mail appears. Clicking on it opens K9... at the last mailbox I was in. I have to search around to figure our what folder the mail is in.
2) I have to use the Menu button to get to my subfolders. Call me spoiled, but I REALLY liked having the 1 click button already on the screen, as opposed to two clicks...

I've looked around and realized that for such a customizable application, there doesn't seem to be a lot of usage instruction available online for K9. Anyone know how to make it act more like the included email app? (or, better yet, fix the stupid Sent mail syncing problem in the original app...)