Yahoo mail app problems

916dave

Reaction score
Anyone else successfully using the yahoo mail app? I've been using it for a few months now, and this has got to be the buggiest piece of software I've ever used. It:

1. Doesn't always load new emails when I pull down an alert from my status bar
2. Sometimes doesn't load an email when I click on it
3. Sometimes emails are in my inbox, sometimes not
4. Likes to send out duplicate emails
5. If sending an email that has an attachment, will often not send and just stay in my outbox
6. If editing a saved draft,.when sending after editing only sends the text pre-edit.
7. If I delete am email, sometimes it shows back up.

Anyone else experiencing any of these issues? All these problems are really taking away the enjoyment I get (got) from using this phone. And I've had my email address forever, so I'd like to keep yahoo as opposed to move to gmail. Any ideas??

Also, its a droid x, 2.2 using yahoo 1.2.1.

Thanks!!!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

erict

Reaction score
I use the stock Yahoo app that's listed under accounts without a problem. I like it better then the Yahoo app on the market. I am still running 2.1 though.

OP

916dave

Reaction score
Dang. I uninstalled the yahoo market app and tried going through the phone using my email as an account, and I'm still having issues. Aside from a reboot, which I've tried, do I have any other options?

erict

Reaction score
Dang. I uninstalled the yahoo market app and tried going through the phone using my email as an account, and I'm still having issues. Aside from a reboot, which I've tried, do I have any other options?

I have my fetch setup for every 30min. You could set it as quick as every 15min.

oc noob

Reaction score
I have issues with the green notification light acting strangely and it soft reboots every few minutes or so when I get a yahoo email. It started when i did an "update all" on about 10 apps and I can't track the problem down.

OP

916dave

Reaction score

I have my fetch setup for every 30min. You could set it as quick as every 15min.

Is there any way to set it up so it continuously updates or fetches rather than every 15 minutes? That's kind of a long time between getting emails.

erict

Reaction score

Is there any way to set it up so it continuously updates or fetches rather than every 15 minutes? That's kind of a long time between getting emails.

Unfortunately that is only the quickest automatic setting. I just leave mine at 30min and if I am really waiting for something I will just do a refresh in the mail to see if there is anything new. If it was constant, it would eat up your battery quicker.

OP

916dave

Reaction score

Unfortunately that is only the quickest automatic setting. I just leave mine at 30min and if I am really waiting for something I will just do a refresh in the mail to see if there is anything new. If it was constant, it would eat up your battery quicker.

The yahoo market mail app continuously updates though, right? Also, when I had my email through account and was using the phones email client, I wouls hit refresh and although the little red circle was spinning, nothing was happening, nothing was getting updated. What can I do when this occurs? I tried leaving mail and restarting it, but same thing.