Yahoo Mail

sampson2269

Reaction score
I cant seem to get yahoo mail setup with my droid. Have read the how to on the moto droid guide but am still getting a username password error?

OP
S

sampson2269

Reaction score
Nevermind got it all setup just had to make sure my wifi wasnt turned on. Sorry guys.

dugsieg

Reaction score
I keep getting message saying "Mailbox access is not supported for some types of Yahoo accounts. If you have trouble connecting, visit yahoo.com for more information."

When I try to enter my username and password it says Username and Password incorrect.

Any Help

DanSan

Reaction score
if your using the stock email program you need to have wifi OFF. yes..

just download K9 email app.. yahoo email works perfectly with it

Timar99

Reaction score
Anyone have issues sending emails and they stay in "outbox" for a long time? Also, when I share pages and links using the yahoo mail app the links don't work. Whats weird is they work using gmail or the built in yahoo mail account. any ideas?

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

SAVVY_1

Reaction score
Yes, I've noticed both. It depends on which Y! Mail app I'm using.
1- The Classic Yahoo Mail App
2- The Blue Icon w/ a white envelope labeled YAHOO (Android app for Y!)
Or
3- The White Envelope w/ the Red & White "@" on it.

Each one performs differently.
The 3rd one has had a habit of displaying dozens of unsent outgoing emails, when in fact I knew they were already delivered.
Sln: Ignored it and eventually it zeroed out.

RE: The links not being attached.
Again, I've experienced that with one of the three Y! Mail apps , & I don't recall which one, but I use the one that does work.

Each of the Yahoo apps serve their own purpose:
IE: The Classic Android Yahoo app will allow me to view photos in emails with the choice "to view it in the full HTML format", whereas the other Yahoo app doesn't show a preview/ thumbnail & the only option is to save it 1st.

Too many inconsistencies, but that's the way it is.

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums