Yahoo Mail?

Lemon

Reaction score
I FINALLY got my FSU webmail to work on my Verizon Android. Here are the instructions! :)

Email Address: [email protected]
Choose IMAP for the incoming mail server
Incoming mail server: imap.fsu.edu
Select SSL for incoming (port993)
Outgoing mail server: smpt.fsu.edu
Select None for outgoing (port25)

Reaction score
Although in beta, you can download MailDroid which works for yahoo, ymail, and rocketmail (and some other mail providers).

I first tried, and bought, the ENotifier for Yahoo and it kept causing error messages when I went to get the mail via my XScope or even through the factory Droid browser. After multiple e-mails to the XScope people, they said it was likely a VZW issue or, I suspected, it was Yahoo's. Sent an email to Yahoo and their crack team of experts took three days to tell me it was either my browser or VZW's problem. (Screen shots are below.)

Thing was that with the notifier on, it caused this error message, both via Webmail or via regular e-mail access via a computer. :wacko:

While I do not what causes this error, it seems that any time a third party client access Yahoo, this error happens. I tried the awful e-mail client that comes with the Droid and it stinks. It also caused this same error message when using YahooMobile.

This MailDroid worked right out of the box. I don't want to jinx it, but it seems to work. I'm looking forward to being able to customize it some though.

jhalsey205

Reaction score
I might be missing something, but what does this offer over K-9 beyond advertisements? I will stick with K-9.

Medicineman

Reaction score
I found this and it worked for me. It wont 'push' the email like gmail, but I have it set to pull every 10 minutes.

Go to manual setup > IMAP account and change to these settings....

Imap server - imap.mail.yahoo.com

SMTP Server- smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com

Thank you so very much! :icon_ banana: Couldn't get my Yahoo mail to work and these settings work wonderful for me. Need to have these posted as a sticky for others that need to set up their yahoo mail.

joelang

Reaction score
RE: MailDroid

I might be missing something, but what does this offer over K-9 beyond advertisements? I will stick with K-9.

You can of course stick with K9 as it is a very good product. The issues I had with k9 besides the over-complexity, battery killing, UI, was that it was built on top of the existing mail client which I think is terrible. K9 has done a fantastic job so far in fixing many known issues, but I wanted something different. As an ex-blackberry user, I wanted something like that and this is what MailDroid tries to do. One feature that is important to many people is that yahoo imap mail works over wifi (it does not in k9).

You should stick with what works best for you, but I am still updating this weekly. The new version was just rolled out recently: https://slideme.org/application/maildroid-096-beta

Whichever you use, K9 or MailDroid should be fine.

cuddles11a

Reaction score
I found this and it worked for me. It wont 'push' the email like gmail, but I have it set to pull every 10 minutes.

Go to manual setup > IMAP account and change to these settings....

Imap server - imap.mail.yahoo.com

SMTP Server- smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com

thanks this worked for me 2 :icon_ banana:

joebb3

Reaction score
I'm not 100% sure, but I CONTINUOUSLY get "Invalid Username/Password" even when trying to log in via the Moto Droid web browser, but at home on my computer its no problem!!!

I haven't tested it yet, but I THINK my issue has to do with the "@" symbol... I use strong passwords and in THIS case I use the @ symbol as one of the characters in my password.

I have tried every "fix" in the forums I could find with no joy.

When I get home tonight, I'm going to change it and test it.

devil94

Reaction score
I'm not 100% sure, but I CONTINUOUSLY get "Invalid Username/Password" even when trying to log in via the Moto Droid web browser, but at home on my computer its no problem!!!

I haven't tested it yet, but I THINK my issue has to do with the "@" symbol... I use strong passwords and in THIS case I use the @ symbol as one of the characters in my password.

I have tried every "fix" in the forums I could find with no joy.

When I get home tonight, I'm going to change it and test it.

I get this too and it seems to be related to my Y Msgr connection via Meebo - here's how I solve the problem:

ohio79

Reaction score
I know this subject has been discussed to death, but...

As of yesterday I've had issues with my Droid connecting to Yahoo free mail via the stock Droid email app. I was able to connect since receiving the 2.1 update...

I have read each and every topic on this subject but have yet to find my solution. Some help would be appreciated! :)

I am currently receiving the "Connection Error" message when trying to access my email. What's funny is I have two Yahoo accounts and one is working while the other isn't.

Actions taken so far:
My wi-fi is not on
I have removed the account and reinstalled
I have reconfigured the Incoming / Outgoing Settings multiple times

Any suggestions? Should I just go with another email app such as Pure Messenger?

I've attached a shot of the error.

Thanks.

joebb3

Reaction score
For me... It was my faulty memory. :(

It helps if you use the correct PW!

Otherwise, K9 mail and the server info in this thread fixed it for me.

Thanx tons all!

unique1nita

Reaction score
When I type in my username and password it just tells me it's unable to connect to the server. Please help. I don't really use Gmail for anything!

ohio79

Reaction score
When I type in my username and password it just tells me it's unable to connect to the server. Please help. I don't really use Gmail for anything!

Have you been able to log into Yahoo mail previously?

I had a similar if not the same issue you're experiencing (detail on pg. 13 of this thread). I had access for a few weeks (once I received the 2.1 drop) and then started to receive the connection error out of the blue.

Nothing I did corrected the issue. Thankfully, it corrected itself after about a week. It's been working fine since this past weekend.

Good luck!

unique1nita

Reaction score
Set up could not finish....I'm still getting a message that says Unable to open connection to server.....I turned off the Wi-Fi like suggested....please help!

theclarks1

Reaction score
Settings for IMAP On Wi-FI with Yahoo Messanger

I found this after doing a bit of googling.. it seems that you have to setup this way if you dont even over wifi it will not prompt you for the other settings. The SSL server requirement seems to be what will get you through the next screen to setup the smtp protocol as well.

IMAP is another way you can get Yahoo! Mail on your phone. Using IMAP you can download messages with your mobile client, so you can access your mail even when not connected to the mobile Internet.

How to set up Yahoo! Mail with your mobile client using IMAP
  • On your phone, press < Home >, then open the Email application.
  • On the 'Your accounts' page, select Next to get started with setup.
  • Enter your full Yahoo! address and password, then select Next.
  • On the next screen, you can give the account a nickname and choose the name to display on your outgoing messages. Tap Done.
  • If prompted, supply the following information:
  • Incoming Server - imap.mail.yahoo.com
  • Outgoing Server - smtp.mail.yahoo.com
  • Incoming Port - 993 (requires SSL)
  • Outgoing Port - 465 (requires SSL)
  • Username: full email address ([email protected])
  • Password: is the password you login to Yahoo! with