Email on Droid from Go Daddy accounts?

twigstoy

Reaction score
I must admit I feel like a dummy.. Make sure you use (smtpout.secureserve.net) on the out going server.. I was not putting the (out) part

smark

Reaction score
I have just set up 8 different pop accounts on my new droid, 5 of which are with Go Daddy. Spoke with VZW tech support and outbound needs to run through gmail smtp server, not godaddy's. You need to set-up a g-mail account first, even if you are not going to use it. Here are the outbound settings:

SMTP server: smtp.gmail.com
Port: 465
Security type: SSL(accept all certificates)
Require sign in: checked
Username: full gmail e-mail address
Password: gmail e-mail account password

triphop631

Reaction score
I have just set up 8 different pop accounts on my new droid, 5 of which are with Go Daddy. Spoke with VZW tech support and outbound needs to run through gmail smtp server, not godaddy's. You need to set-up a g-mail account first, even if you are not going to use it. Here are the outbound settings:

SMTP server: smtp.gmail.com
Port: 465
Security type: SSL(accept all certificates)
Require sign in: checked
Username: full gmail e-mail address
Password: gmail e-mail account password

I just used the smtpout.secureserver.net and it works fine. here are my settings:

smtpout.secureserver.net
SSL
require sign-in checked
[email protected]
password

androiduser

Reaction score
I usse the same settings but my email locks up 1-2 times a week.

smtpout.secureserver.net
SSL
require sign-in checked
[email protected]
password

imap.secureserver.net
SSL

I do have a laptop, desktop and my droid all working off the same account. I'm not sure why it locks up.

ttevogt

Reaction score
The DROID SUX for email

I want to say that I love Google for many things, but I can not see buying a Droid/Android phone for just the simple reason that their take on email SUX. They claim to be breaking new ground with this revolutionary new phone, but they take a step back with the "Just use gmail". Gmail is like a dumbed down Outlook Express, and works for little more than a personal email service. Not to mention the lag time to receive email. Google really missed the boat with that aspect of the Droid. This is really a kick ass "toy", but if you want a phone for work you really have to look to other phones. I hate to say it but it really makes the iPhone look good. Either way I will most likely stay with my Blackberry.....because the BB DOES EMAIL.

droidmt

Reaction score
My wife has a home business and uses the email server at go daddy. I have tried every possibility with the exception of using an outgoing gmail account to send e-mail. If i uncheck the requires sign in it works just fine receiving e-mail but refuses to transmit e-mail. Can anyone help!

db721

Reaction score
I had to go to my godaddy account and set to relays to 0
waited 10 min for account to setup
then turned relays back on to 250.

everything worked fine using SSL with authentication

kd8fre

Reaction score
The easiest way in my opinion, would be to switch your email from GoDaddy to the free Google Apps if you are the one in charge of the domain. Then, voila, you have an email account that is much easier to setup. It will be a pain if you have multiple users on the domain, but Google Apps does have a mail migration capability built in to move the mail / address books over.