Go Daddy Email issues

identityhome

Reaction score
Hey all- this is my first post... juts made the switch from BlackBerry to Droid and I'm having the same issues mentioned here. Ive tried most of the suggestions where I can (I'm not IMAP- only POP) and still can't get email from godaddy onto my Droid.

I've called tech support for both VErizon, and GoDaddy, have walked into Verizon stores and no one can help me. Seems like it worked for most everyone else- what the heck am I missing???

I'm a tech dummy, but pick up quick, I'm writing everything out and including full email address for the username, checked my password everything...

*sigh* thanks in advance..

gerisilo

Reaction score
Even though resetting my SMTP relay did ultimately get my emails to work with godaddy, I finally went ahead and just set up email forwarding to my gmail account from my godaddy web domain.

Everything is based off of gmail anyways with the droid, and even though the emails were coming through from godaddy, it still wouldn't do some things correctly like show pictures within the email or fetch attachments. Plus my gmail has way more storage space than my goddady email.

In your gmail, you can set it up so that even though you are sending from a gmail account, it can look like it is coming from a different email address (like you are sending from your godaddy account).

Sherry

Reaction score
Hey all- this is my first post... juts made the switch from BlackBerry to Droid and I'm having the same issues mentioned here. Ive tried most of the suggestions where I can (I'm not IMAP- only POP) and still can't get email from godaddy onto my Droid.

I've called tech support for both VErizon, and GoDaddy, have walked into Verizon stores and no one can help me. Seems like it worked for most everyone else- what the heck am I missing???

I'm a tech dummy, but pick up quick, I'm writing everything out and including full email address for the username, checked my password everything...

*sigh* thanks in advance..
This is what I use:
incoming = pop.secureserver.net port 110 security type none/ require sign-in
outgoing = smtpout.secureserver.net port 3535 security type none/ require sign-in

I have both IMAP & POP and have also pulled through GMail . This works as well as anything I have tried.

Jeffman

Reaction score
The Fix

Your advice worked!! Thank you, thank you, thank you. You should start consulting for Godaddy's help desk operations!

I was having issues and none of the suggested resolutions worked...until I stumbled across this:

To fix this problem you "reset" the SMTP server.

Log in to your godaddy account. Go to My Email Account. Click the email address you want to fix. On the next page pop in "Outgoing Mail - SMTP Relaying" pop up the menu from 250 per day to 0 and at bottom of page "Save Settings". You will need to wait about 10 minutes.

After 10 minutes, reload the page so your email addresses will become live links again. Go back in to the Edit Email Account page and pop the menu from 0 back to 250 and Save Settings.

After I did this I was finally able to get my email to work the way it should, no forwarding from other accounts or anything.

jross85139

Reaction score
Make sure the user id is your full email address. Also make sure the incoming server is pop.secureserver.net and port 110 and for outgoing its smtpout.secureserver.net and port 80.

boomobile

Reaction score
OK, I have my email setup as follows:
Try Number One:
Login Required
username: [email protected]
password correct
SMTP server: smtpout.secureserver.net
Security Type: None
Server Port: 3535

Try Number Two:
Login Required
username: [email protected]
password correct
SMTP server: smtpout.secureserver.net
Security Type: None
Server Port: 80

Neither one works. Any suggestions? I have my godaddy account setup to forward email, I've double checked my password, username and password are spelled correctly...