K9 mail setup

johnnycool001

Reaction score
I have yahoo mail. I have the yahoo mail app but I am tired of the missed notifications, and the picture downloading issues. So I have decied to try Kp mail. I downloaded it but when I try the auto set up I get a invalied username and password, If I try the manual setup I get a cannot connect to server error. Help. I did a search and havn't found a awnser. I did try leaving off the @yahoo.com with no differince.

OP
J

johnnycool001

Reaction score
You must have a paid Yahoo Plus Mail account to use third party clients. If you do, cool. Here is a link to what Yahoo says about the set up.

Opening Yahoo! Mail Your Way: Opening Yahoo! Mail Plus in an Email Application | Yahoo! Mail Classic Help

I don't pay for Plus, so I can't check it out myself. A pity, I'd like to add my Yahoo Mail to my K9 client too.

So I guess none of the apps will work with yahoo? I really have a problem paying yahoo $20 a year because their app sucks. I would gladly pay a one time reasonable fee for a working yahoo mail app. I am not wanting it to do anything speical just be able to download attachments without jumping through hoops, have a custom notification sound and get notifications all the time not just when it feels like it.

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
Someone else might have an idea. My only (not so helpful) suggestions are pay, move to a different mail server, or wait for Yahoo to update its app.

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
Wonderful. Thanks. I've set it up and it seems to be working fine. I've sent and received an email. Now playing to see if push notifications are working.

bvo

Reaction score
I don't think push notifications work with free yahoo. I have k9 polling every 15 minutes. Let me know if you get that working

Wonderful. Thanks. I've set it up and it seems to be working fine. I've sent and received an email. Now playing to see if push notifications are working.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
I don't think push notifications work with free yahoo. I have k9 polling every 15 minutes. Let me know if you get that working

It didn't work. I set mine to poll every 30 minutes. I'd probably set it longer if K9 let me. Yahoo isn't my primary account, so even once a day is more often than I normally check it.

chayes627

Reaction score
what about having your yahoo mail forwarded to your gmail aco****. i know gmail has a good many options for that

OP
J

johnnycool001

Reaction score
I still haven't been able to set this thing up. but without the push notifications I wouldn't be much better.

You can foword to Gmail with the yahoo app and free yahoo. but it sits in the yahoo outbox you have tho reboot the phone to make it go.