Yahoo! Mail, Messenger, and Search Now Available on Market

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
343n0c9.jpg

Remember the days when there was no support on Android for Yahoo! mail? Well, those days are long since gone, as the Eclair update on the Motorola Droid included Yahoo! support. However, to those still stuck on Cupcake/Donut, there have been limited choices of how to view your Yahoo! e-mail.

Well, today there is no need to worry any longer. Yahoo's official e-mail app, Yahoo! Mail is fresh on the Android Market; you can download it now! Also as an added bonus, you will also find Yahoo! Messenger and Yahoo! Search on the Android Market as well.
android-pr-qr-codes12-300x183.jpg

And of course these apps are free. Here's a list of features:
With the new Yahoo! Mail App for Android, consumers can:

• Receive push notification of new email messages
  • Send emails to contacts from the Yahoo! Address Book as well as contacts in the native phone address book
  • Search email messages by sender, recipient, subject and keywords in the body of the email
  • Upload photos as attachments directly from camera or the photo gallery
  • View and download attachments
  • Insert emoticons and rich text formatting into emails
  • Effectively manage and organize their Yahoo! Mail messages, folders and manage spam
  • Toggle between the Yahoo! Mail and Yahoo! Messenger apps with ease
With the new Yahoo! Messenger App for Android, consumers can:

• Easily message friends, check friends’ status updates & availability as well as update their own status & availability
  • Send instant messages to friends via SMS text messages*
  • Stay connected with full support for multitasking allowing the app to work in the background; with push notifications consumers can easily catch new messages and friend requests
  • Full use of emoticons and rich text formatting
  • Send photos to friends directly from the phone’s camera or the photo gallery
It seems that Yahoo! has entered the Android arena rather late, but it is nice to see Android is continually gaining support from large companies. Our main question for you, does anybody even use Yahoo! anymore? Let us know.

thanks to dirtydogg for the tip
via Androidheadlines and Droid-Life
source: Yahoo

Last edited:

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I do. I much prefer the messenger interface to AIM.

Oh, wait, that was a rhetorical question? Oh well.

Been using e-buddy on my phone since I got it and I don't see myself switching now, but it's still nice to see that it's there if I need it. I may even try it.

jsuber

Reaction score
I use yahoo and have before there was a google, PHPBB, PHP, LINUX, AIM, DROID, Blackberry, Facebook, Myspace, Zoosk, Amazon, Verizon, T-mobile, and Sprint. So its good to know that everyone can still get a hold of me with he same email for all those years. I also have a gmail account, but I'm glad to hear that Yahoo will be working on my Droid X that I reserved at Best Buy.

hogowner

Reaction score
Im sure alot of people gonna love this, especially with the email :D

yes it is a GREAT interface....I just wish that we can LONG PRESS the e mail and it will give us the option to delete, foward etc.....nothing happens if you long press.....you have to hit the "4 line" button on the phone...bring up the options...then click again....
no biggie...but it willsave a few steps :)

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yahoo Mail has always worked on my Droid via the manual setup. Are there any advantages (or more features) to using their app?

hogowner

Reaction score
Yahoo Mail has always worked on my Droid via the manual setup. Are there any advantages (or more features) to using their app?

well one advantage I noticed...when you get an e mail....and if you drop down the notification bar.....it tells you the subject of the e mail......
download it and check it out :)

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

well one advantage I noticed...when you get an e mail....and if you drop down the notification bar.....it tells you the subject of the e mail......
download it and check it out :)

I just did and I like it. One thing though, do NOT look for it in your apps under "Y" for Yahoo. It's in "M" for Mail.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Uh...what's a Yahoo?

Nate

A person who is not very intelligent or interested in culture.
Exclamation of joy or victory.
One of a race of brutes resembling men but subject to the Houyhnhnms in a novel by Jonathan Swift.
A widely used search engine for the web that finds information, news, images, products, finance.

Guess which one applies here. :)

VitsDroid

Reaction score
tried the yahoo mail app and it was a little disappointing. I deleted it and went back to using stock email app.

pizza3

Reaction score
new Yahoo app

Tried it. Liked it. But still looking for ability to "sign out" to check other Yahoo mail identities. Tried setting up a different icon on screen but it uses same one used in other icon. Also, I noticed an annoying ad in the middle of my inbox list of messages. Ugh!

dneall7

Reaction score
All of a sudden my yahoo mail is not notifying of new mail... Ive gotten 8 emails in the last 6 hours, and I wouldnt have known if I hadnt went into the yahoo mail app by mistake. Is anyone else dealing with this. Also, I have it on the ignore list on my ATK.

Technoman

Reaction score
Yahoo messenger seems to have issues with disconnects. It is logging me out and saying I have logged in on another computer. Never have this problem on the PC unless I actually do log into my phone. When I am on my phone, I am usually not around my PC.

There is something happening on the APP that is not handling things correctly.

Also, why is there not an icon in the notification bar when the APP is left running? This is a major flaw IMO.

navigator

Reaction score
yahoo mail sound

I have been using the new Yahoo mail for about a week. Has anyone found a way to change the notification sound? One can turn it off or "Use sound and vibrate" as far as I have discovered.