Yahoo! Fantasy Football app coming soon

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
108iubn.jpg

oirimv.jpg

Previous attempts at fantasy football apps for Android have been abysmal, to say the least. However, that is all about to change. Yahoo!, the world's most popular fantasy sports site, is planning to bring a Fantasy Football app to Android in time for the 2010-2011 season. Fantasy Football nerds...ahem... fans rejoice!

The official Fantasy Football app will provide real-time stats (and points) updates and full roster management. Aside from these features, we're not sure what else to expect... yet. However, this is a great start. I'm certainly excited, as I don't need to be glued to my PC on a daily basis to mess with my roster and check the standings.

I'm extremely pleased with Yahoo's openness toward Android. Just recently, Yahoo! launched Mail, Messenging, and Search on the Android Market, and now with an official Fantasy Football app, it is nice to see Yahoo fulfilling the wishes of its customers. Anyone else stoked about some Fantasy Football on your phone?

via Phandroid
Source Yahoo!

Another_Dude

Reaction score
I really hope they can pull this off, I'm in two Yahoo leagues every year. I might even be able to leave the basement on Sundays this fall if this works.

big007hed

Reaction score
I hope this plays out well b/c this would be huge if the wife pulls some crap and I have to leave the house on Sundays!!!

zfly9

Reaction score
Thank GOD! Fantasy Tracker was OK, but I've been needing this! In time for the season, it better come very soon!

jssmith76

Reaction score
Man, I can;t wait till this app is downloadable. I just hope that it isn't gonna be only for 2.2. But if it is, hopefully it'll drop before the season starts. Anyways, back to fantasy football. This app will definitely make it easier to adjust your lineups on the go. especially if the wife decides that you're going to church with her during the morning games. ;) I'm wondering about the live scores though. If that will come free with the android app, or if you'll get live scores only if you pay the fee t yahoo to get live scores.

As a side note, I've been on yahoo's fantasy football leagues for years. I have one league that I'm the commish of. If anyone wants in on a free league, send me a message with your email addy and I'll send you an invite.

Thanks,
Josh

zfly9

Reaction score
Man, I can;t wait till this app is downloadable. I just hope that it isn't gonna be only for 2.2. But if it is, hopefully it'll drop before the season starts. Anyways, back to fantasy football. This app will definitely make it easier to adjust your lineups on the go. especially if the wife decides that you're going to church with her during the morning games. ;) I'm wondering about the live scores though. If that will come free with the android app, or if you'll get live scores only if you pay the fee t yahoo to get live scores.

As a side note, I've been on yahoo's fantasy football leagues for years. I have one league that I'm the commish of. If anyone wants in on a free league, send me a message with your email addy and I'll send you an invite.

Thanks,
Josh

If you're talking about stat tracker, I believe that's been free for a year now? no?

beefcake

Reaction score
Any new news about this? I searched the market and couldn't find anything.

OP
W

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not out yet. i would expect it before the season starts though

meishkov

Reaction score
Great news. I like ESPN for some fantasy, like MLB and NHL, but yahoo seems the best for fantasy NFL for sure. Hopefully stat tracker works flawlessly on this new app, and hopefully it comes out very soon. Lets sign Ndamukong Suh already Detroit!!!