Yahoo Mail duplicating text inside each message on Droid RAZR

cjwilson

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced this and know how to fix it? This just started happening. When I send an email via Yahoo Mail on my Droid RAZR, the text of the message gets duplicated somehow. For example, if I send an email that says the following in the body of the email, "What time is the game today?", then I go check my sent folder, this is what shows up:

"What time is the game today?

What time is the game today?"

This is with using Yahoo as the default mail on the phone. I'm not using the Yahoo mail application, rather have set Yahoo as the default mail application through Setting > Accounts & Sync, etc. If I send an email on Yahoo from my laptop, no issues. Only happens on the phone.

ace3k

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced this and know how to fix it? This just started happening. When I send an email via Yahoo Mail on my Droid RAZR, the text of the message gets duplicated somehow. For example, if I send an email that says the following in the body of the email, "What time is the game today?", then I go check my sent folder, this is what shows up:

This is with using Yahoo as the default mail on the phone. I'm not using the Yahoo mail application, rather have set Yahoo as the default mail application through Setting > Accounts & Sync, etc. If I send an email on Yahoo from my laptop, no issues. Only happens on the phone.

I have a Motorola RAZR HD VT925. My yahoo email is set to default. I am experience exactly that same as above.

Any way to fix this?

kokishin

Reaction score
I have a Motorola RAZR HD VT925. My yahoo email is set to default. I am experience exactly that same as above.

Any way to fix this?

Likewise. It happens on my yahoo.com and my yahoo.co.jp email accounts, of course using imap for both. I am running stock JB using the stock email client. I figured out that the duplication of text in the body is a result of a text attachment being added to the email with the same text in the attachment as in the body. Yahoo email automatically displays the text in the attachment in the body of the email resulting in seeing the duplicate text in the body of the email. I only see this in the sent folder of my yahoo desktop email using either IE9 or Chrome browsers. The sent folder on my RAZR MAXX HD email client does not have this superfluous attachment and displays the email correctly. I have been trying to stop the superfluous text attachment but no luck. The email recipient receives the email correctly so that is the good news. Again, the problem only exists in the sent folder for the desktop email.

I have done a lot of googling on this issue and this is the only forum I have discovered so far where someone(s) documented this issue.

Wish there was more info on this problem.

foodie2

Reaction score
I have done a lot of googling on this issue and this is the only forum I have discovered so far where someone(s) documented this issue. Wish there was more info on this problem.

Me too: just started with a Galaxy Young S6310 and Jelly Bean 4.1.2. Every Yahoo email I create on the phone looks fine in the phone's Sent folder, but shows duplicated content in the message in my PC's Sent folder. The recipient sees it just once. What IS going on?

This looks like the same issue as in thread 233197 "email message body sending as double" (last updated 11-26-2013). Any suggestions, please?

fire1520

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
I have an AOL email account and experiencing the duplicated text on all sent emails when using the Email app on VZW's Samsung Galaxy S5.

P

promo87

Well, let me know are you using any application for sending emails? I think the problem may be arising if you are using any application or...... try looking over the settings of the email client application you are using !

david303a

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SAMSUNG SII
I had this problem on my Samsung SII using Yahoo, but via the standard phone email settings not the Yahoo App.
But I found that the problem does not occur if I install and use the Yahoo Mail App.

atborad

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 3
Likewise. It happens on my yahoo.com and my yahoo.co.jp email accounts, of course using imap for both. I am running stock JB using the stock email client. I figured out that the duplication of text in the body is a result of a text attachment being added to the email with the same text in the attachment as in the body. Yahoo email automatically displays the text in the attachment in the body of the email resulting in seeing the duplicate text in the body of the email. I only see this in the sent folder of my yahoo desktop email using either IE9 or Chrome browsers. The sent folder on my RAZR MAXX HD email client does not have this superfluous attachment and displays the email correctly. I have been trying to stop the superfluous text attachment but no luck. The email recipient receives the email correctly so that is the good news. Again, the problem only exists in the sent folder for the desktop email.

I have done a lot of googling on this issue and this is the only forum I have discovered so far where someone(s) documented this issue.

Wish there was more info on this problem.

atborad

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 3
I have the same issue with my sent AOL emails. I checked and found that it is true only my sent emails have this problem, and that they show there's an attachment (when there is none).. But since I do have this issue, on my laptop as well as on my Note 3, - aside from the annoyance factor-, I am using up so much more ink when I print them all out. Google searches all seem to address the problem of duplicated emails and not duplicated text within single email. So I too have not had any luck getting any answers.

I just tried sending an email using the AOL app on my note 3. That one did not show an attachment and did not duplicate the text. Hmmmmm . Any answers anyone?

Last edited: