Ya Know What - NO it's NOT

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Android - King of options :cool:

Hodor

Reaction score
I am starting to get that same feeling about this phone that I did with my Droid Bionic, that I picked another dead horse. I really thought back in November that this phone was going to be better supported than this. Ya, I know, let's wait, maybe they're perfecting 5.1 for us, blah blah. If that's the case might as well wait for 6.0 lol. It's just nice to feel that someone gives a crap about your "flagship" phone. I don't get that feeling at all from Verizon or Motorola.

OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Perhaps my root message was lost by my awkward presentation - I know the realities of the world in which I live.
I have grown tired of the "we'll get to it when we get to it attitude" of monopolized companies these days - that's all.
There was a time when either due to integrity or fear (of competition) Companies at least "acted" like they cared about delivering product and service that exceeded customer expectations - now you are lucky to get a phone call answered, an email returned or a product/service that even works.
Things are not better and anyone that thinks they are - is either deluded OR simply too young to have an accurate frame of reference.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I agree completely. We've gained so much in technology, but lost it all in common decency and respect. The Mom and Pop shops may not have been able to compete with the big guys, but, damnit, they took excellent care of you.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
The turbo was always going to get lollipop. That was never a concern for me. But I think it got delayed due to the memory leak and WiFi issues of early builds. I'm OK with waiting for 5.1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
In a way though... Vzw and moto are going to eat crow over this slow update.. Remember when the turbo was marketed... Lollipop coming soon... I already posted what I've been aware of(through the grape vine) in the new thread about the turbo skipping to 5.1..but we knew this in March.. I'm glad my device is stable.. Unlike many others... But like everyone... I've been a good boy and I need a new toy... And my mustang didn't survive delivery.. That said... What can ya do?? Oh.. I know.!!!

*shakes fist at moto and vzw...

TatDroid

Reaction score
Saw this today: "According to a tweet sent out by Motorola’sofficial Twitter page, the Motorola Droid Turbosmartphone will directly be updated to Android 5.1.

The handset was launched in September last year with Android 4.4.4 on board, and is yet to receive the Android 5.0 update. Motorola makes it clear that the smartphone will skip Android 5.0 altogether and make the jump to 5.1."

Sent from my Droid Turbo

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
C'mon guys..... Find the turbo forum, start reading it from the bottom up :
"this phone is a beast, best toy ever, washes your socks and flosses your teeth... "
This phone still outclasses most anything out there. Lollipop might make it better, then again, maybe not. Patience. There's nothing in lollipop I need.

Hodor

Reaction score
C'mon guys..... Find the turbo forum, start reading it from the bottom up :
"this phone is a beast, best toy ever, washes your socks and flosses your teeth... "
This phone still outclasses most anything out there. Lollipop might make it better, then again, maybe not. Patience. There's nothing in lollipop I need.
I agree, it is a nice phone, if it wasn't I would have gotten rid of it. But that's not the point, it was sold under false pretenses. Many bought the phone because they thought it would be one of the first to get lollipop not one of the last. My verizon rep gave me the same b. s. line (even though it wasn't needed) when I bought mine, about how you can't beat Motorola they push updates fast! I almost laughed out loud! It doesn't matter if lollipop is a minor or major improvement or no improvement at all, we all bought the phone expecting one thing and got another. Period.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Most of us have had Android devices for years now and we all know that updates never arrive on time, unless you purchase a Nexus device. We also know that updates never dramatically change the way we use our device on a daily basis. We ultimately (or we "should" at least) purchase our device for what it can do, not what it might do in the future. If you've read anything about this update you'd know it's no different than any other update over the years in the aspect that it's not going to completely change how you use your device.
There can't be that much misinformation going around to make folks think that you'll be getting a completely different "experience" on Lollipop, or ANY update for that matter. Of course there are differences, but not enough to get upset over.
Then there's all the problems that have cropped up with 5.0 across so many devices.
I can understand people being anxious, but IDK. Seems to be a molehill & a mtn involved in this story somewhere

S5 tap'n