Xyboard can't display red...either?

foremi

Reaction score
Hello, first post, registered to ask a question, and this seemed like the best option as it would appear none of the android forums have a xyboard section, so might as well stick with a verizon specific one.

I purchased a xyboard 8.2 a while ago, and due to all the talk of the new hp envy 15's ips display not being able to display red, I looked at my xyboard.

On my xyboard, it's fairly obvious that red is orange - ish, just like the envy 15. I can see why with the envy 15 its a bigger deal because you are actually paying for that display, but on the xyboard one of the main reasons to get it was that it's smaller(for me), and it has an ips which the xoom does not.

I compared the xyboard to a vizio m261vp tv that is used as a monitor for my desktop. I have not done any color calibration or anything like that on it. Backlight on both the xyboard and the tv are automatic. They are displaying a solid red 255,0,0 photo from paint, It's available in one of the envy 15 threads at notebookreview.com.

Does anyone else have this issue?

Thanks.

Last edited:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Seems to me it's all in the display of the devices, colors are a little off. Put some other colors up and I bet it'll look red:p

OP
F

foremi

Reaction score
Seems to me it's all in the display of the devices, colors are a little off. Put some other colors up and I bet it'll look red:p

I was just wondering if anybody else had this issue. If it's my unit, then a replacement might be in order. I don't have a issue with it, and like I said I've had mine for almost 2 months and haven't noticed.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I was just wondering if anybody else had this issue. If it's my unit, then a replacement might be in order. I don't have a issue with it, and like I said I've had mine for almost 2 months and haven't noticed.
Would help you out with a comparison if I had a xyboard. I got a Xoom if that helps...lol

OP
F

foremi

Reaction score
Would help you out with a comparison if I had a xyboard. I got a Xoom if that helps...lol

Thanks though, might have to go to a verizon store and check out the demo unit.