Xbox 360 Smartglass app is out.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
If you have an Xbox 360 and an Android device running ICS/JB, the Xbox Smartglass app is out..

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microsoft.smartglass

Works on my Droid 4 (ICS) and Xoom (JB) though I had to side load/install it on the Xoom.

Very cool to control IE with your touch device, scrolling, typing, pinch to zoom, etc...

here's Major Nelson's blog post on Xbox SmartGlass:

Xbox Live's Major Nelson » New Xbox entertainment experiences launching this week across your favorite devices :

excerpts (for full text, refer to link):

Plus, Xbox SmartGlass will also be available later this week when Windows 8 launches on October 26th. When the Xbox SmartGlass app launches on tablets, PCs and smartphones, it will include key foundational experiences for interacting with your Xbox 360, such as dashboard and app navigation and Internet Explorer control, like text input, scrolling and pinch and zoom. Additionally, you will get SmartGlass experiences with Xbox Video and Xbox Music starting this week. Xbox SmartGlass will be a free downloadable app that takes your Windows 8 tablets and PCs, Windows Phone 8, iOS and Android devices, and converts them into a smart second screen for the entertainment you are enjoying through your Xbox.

I have gotten a few questions on what games and apps will support Xbox SmartGlass, so I wanted to share a few a list of some of the apps and games that will support Xbox SmartGlass in the coming months.

Games:
  • Ascend
  • Dance Central 3
  • Forza Horizon
  • Halo Waypoint
  • Home Run Stars
  • Karaoke
  • Kinect Sesame Street TV
  • Prima Games
Sports:
  • ESPN
  • NBA Game Time
  • UFC
Entertainment Apps:
  • Elections 2012
  • HBO GO
  • MSN
  • NBC News
  • NOW TV
  • Slacker Radio
  • TODAY
  • Univision

shizma1

Reaction score
How did you side DL it on your Xoom?

If you have an Xbox 360 and an Android device running ICS/JB, the Xbox Smartglass app is out..

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microsoft.smartglass

Works on my Droid 4 (ICS) and Xoom (JB) though I had to side load/install it on the Xoom.

Very cool to control IE with your touch device, scrolling, typing, pinch to zoom, etc...

How would one go about side downloading this on a Xoom? I have had my xoom for a while but there is a lot that I don't know. Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated as I would really like to give smart glass a try.

OP
tcrews

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
You have to have access to a device that can download the file and then transfer it from that device to somewhere the Xoom can also access and install it that way.

I used my Droid 4 since it is a supported device and was able to download it from the Play Store.

You can search the web, I've seen owners of the Nexus 7 obtaining it that way.

Hopefully Microsoft will update the app to allow other devices to download it (like tablets)