Microsoft Officially Announces the Xbox One

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
xbox-one-with-controller-and-kinect.jpg

This obviously isn't Android news, but it is the most exciting news announcement today and we just had to share it with you guys. Microsoft takes home entertainment to a whole new level with their announcement of the next generation Xbox One, the new successor to the Xbox 360. The new Xbox One offers a huge host of unique and powerful features that go far beyond just games. Here's a breakdown of the crazy new features of the amazing Xbox One:
  • Gesture and Voice Based controls - Smart Glass & Improved Kinect capabilities with HD Camera, larger field of view and wake with voice
  • Instant voice command changing between games, movies, browsing, Skype and even TV channels
  • Full Skype video Communications
  • Snap Mode that lets you use multiple apps at the same time - it's like picture in picture with movies, music, games and even Skype video chatting
  • Instant switching between dashboard to live television
  • New and improved controller - designed by gamers for gamers
  • Improved Xbox Live - 300,000 servers to maximize the potential for social interaction and Skype
  • Dedicated Game DVR
  • Designed to be an "all-in-one" box for all your entertainment needs
  • Interactive Sports - including Fantasy Football interactivity
  • Enhanced virtualization technology
Here's a breakdown of hardware specs:
  • Octa-core processor based on AMD's Jaguar design
  • 8GB of RAM
  • Slot-Loading Blu-Ray Drive
  • USB 3.0 ports
  • 500GB of hard drive storage,
  • WiFi Direct for communicating with the new controller and other devices
  • Five billion transistors worth of power
The new Xbox One will include the new special content Halo TV Series, which was just introduced by Stephen Spielberg. Next-gen Call of Duty: Ghosts takes things to a whole new level as does Forza Motorsport 5, and multiple EA Sports titles. The new features and capabilities of the new Xbox One are mind-blowing. Coupled with some of the best interactive content on the planet, the new Xbox One evolves things in amazing ways. Microsoft always intended their Xbox to become the perfect entertainment hub; this new iteration of the device takes a massive leap forward toward that goal.

Last edited:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
xbox-one.png

This obviously isn't Android news, but it is the most exciting news announcement today and we just had to share it with you guys. Microsoft takes home entertainment to a whole new level with their announcement of the next generation Xbox One, the new successor to the Xbox 360. The new Xbox One offers a huge host of unique and powerful features that go far beyond just games. Here's a breakdown of the crazy new features of the amazing Xbox One:
  • Gesture and Voice Based controls - Improved Kinect capabilities with HD Camera, larger field of view and wake with voice
  • Full Skype video Communications
  • Snap Mode that lets you use multiple apps at the same time - it's like picture in picture with movies, music, games and even Skype video chatting
  • Instant switching between dashboard to live television
  • New and improved controller - designed by gamers for gamers
  • Improved Xbox Live
  • Dedicated Game DVR
Developing...

I was just about to email you about it. NICE

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So are you gamers ready to commit or you waiting to see what the ps4 will offer first.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

VirtualCLD

Reaction score
So are you gamers ready to commit or you waiting to see what the ps4 will offer first.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

More likely waiting for any news about a Steam box...
I do have an Xbox 360 and I have XBox Live Gold for now, but one of the main things that bugs me is: I pay for highspeed internet connection, I pay for Amazon Prime (and until recently, Netflix) and I must pay for XBox Live Gold to watch my Amazon Prime Videos and Netflix movies on the Xbox. I think I'm going to let my Xbox Live subscription expire and move on to a custom built HTPC. Since I prefer PC gaming over console, I will wait to see what else comes out.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
Ive just been waiting for stuff to release! I recently got out of med school and divorced. So i need something to spend money and time on!!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I'm waiting to see what the ps4 offers.

Xbox One has some nice tech in it, but realistically I don't know if I see myself using it as much as they showed. Talking to the system, waving around gestures, etc. I just wanna turn on my console and play

Ohyea!

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
As an all-in-one media hub i'm sold. As a gaming unit, MS did nothing to allay fears of always on connection, used games block out, and showed very few games including exclusives. I guess they are waiting for E3, so my final decision will be made then.

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
For those interested in the Xbox One, check out our sister site @ XBOX One Forum

Register now to get a low user ID!

Briankbl

Reaction score
Why didn't the news team make a news thread like this when PlayStation 4 was announced? If you did, link to the article, please? Thanks.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk 2!

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ive just been waiting for stuff to release! I recently got out of med school and divorced. So i need something to spend money and time on!!

I would think you would want to save money, but to each his own.

Enjoy your Xbox One, I know I will be!

Ohyea!

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I would think you would want to save money, but to each his own.

Enjoy your Xbox One, I know I will be!

Lol, maybe he took the wife to the "cleaners".

Hi Five bro :yahoo:

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
As an all-in-one media hub i'm sold. As a gaming unit, MS did nothing to allay fears of always on connection, used games block out, and showed very few games including exclusives. I guess they are waiting for E3, so my final decision will be made then.

They did address the "always on" connection thing weeks ago. It's always on because it's a full blown living room media box that does interactive TV so the internet is really important. As far as game DRM the Xbox doesn't do that, excessive DRM is solely the choice of the game makers. They even fired the employee who tweeted a snarky (and in poor taste) joke about the "always connected" concerns of the fans.

I like the direction they went in. I have a feeling that this thing is gonna cost a few bucks.