Xbox One Smartglass App for Android and iOS Gets a New ScreenShot Feature

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
android-01-xboxone-smartglass-app-screenshot.png

Microsoft just announced they are adding we are adding the ability to view, share, and save Xbox One screenshots using the iOS and/or Android Xbox One SmartGlass apps. Here's a quote with more of the details straight from Major Nelson:

With over 500 total votes on Xbox Feedback, (Post #1, Post #2) we are adding the ability to view, share, and save Xbox One screenshots in the iOS and Android Xbox One SmartGlass apps, similar to the capabilities already available in the Xbox app on Windows 10. You will find screenshots in the Activity Feed, on profile pages, and in the new Capture hub available from the drawer. This feature will be available soon in the Android Xbox One SmartGlass Beta app (build 2.4.1507 or higher) which is accessible by all users; the beta version for iOS is currently limited to users that are already part of the Xbox One SmartGlass Beta via the Apple store (Build 2.108 or higher).

If there are any forum members who have the Xbox One Smartglass app for their device, please sound off and let us know what you think of it.

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
Yep. I used to have an Xbox One and used the Smartglass App regularly. It was one of the features I have wanted for a while. The PlayStation App has had a way for you to do it for a while now. It was just not as easy.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Meh...I have the app downloaded, but rarely use it. I don't do a lot of screenshots, but I have done some cool stuff and hollered at Kinect to "Record that". I don't do anything with the videos though, so I'm not really sure why. Haha

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I tried to install the XBONE version and neither my phone nor tablet will let me use it. I can login and it won't let me control my xbox.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
nexus 7 with 5.1.1 is very cranky with smartglass.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'd imagine so. I've go the first gen and it's pretty cranky with lots of things. Haha!

Anyone tried the xbone app on Windows 10 yet? I didn't get around to it last night and my stepson goes to his dad's today, so it'll be date night tonight, then we're going camping this weekend, so I doubt I'll get to play with it until next week.