X on battery icon. Needs calibration?

Vinaaga

Reaction score
Hi all

Since I've been in Atlanta for winter break my D1's battery has seemingly drained faster than usual. I thought this was due to the very weak signal I have where I'm staying, however recently I've begun to think its due to a battery memory problem. The battery I have was bought in July from a Verizon store and has never gotten wet or moist. I am fairly certain there is a battery memory problem because as I use the phone to type this there is nothing more than an "X" on the battery icon. Its been there for over 10 minutes and I've been using the phone the whole time, the battery should be dead if it really was at 10% as it told me some time ago.

So I am writing this to ask if anyone knows how to recalibrate the battery to display the correct charge.

Thanks

scarabshell

Reaction score
More info on your phone would help. If your rooted get a full charge and go into clockwork and try wiping battery stats. That's how I always recalibrate after a good flashing. Gotta say though I've never heard of a a X over the icon.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
V

Vinaaga

Reaction score
Running Bugless Beast v0.6.1

ROM manager was having trouble flashing clockwork for me before but it worked this time and I wiped battery stats. Ill see how well the battery works today.

Thanks for the tip! :)

scarabshell

Reaction score
Did it get rid of the X?

OP
V

Vinaaga

Reaction score
My guess was that either the X was there because the phone thought the battery was dead when there was actually some juice left or the X was part of petes theme for a battery with 5% juice left. Either was Ill know if the battery problem is fixed after giving it a test run today

OP
V

Vinaaga

Reaction score
Well after a day I think I may have resolved the issue. After 12 hours off of the charger I am sitting at 50% battery life left. Admitedly I used my phone less often than I normally do, but the difference in battery life is undeniable.

In adition to wiping battery stats and the drain/charge procedure, I am using a sapphire kernel. I'm using the lv 1ghz kernel. Previously I used either lv1ghz versions of slayher or chevyno1 kernels, and they ran much hotter than this kernel, so that is a major factor to consider. All in all problem solved. Thanks for the advice scarabshell!

scarabshell

Reaction score
Glad it helped. I had the same problem with the slayher kernel. Ran me hot all the time. Man I miss my D1 lol