calibrating battery help

JawBoneEra

Reaction score
I think I need a little help calibrating my battery. When I 1st initially recalibrate my battery I will get between 28-40 hr before the battery is dead. Now after the the calibrating has finished and I recharge my battery the life drops down to 14-18 hr.

The rom I am using is (Virtuous Unity 1.31.) and this is how I have been going about recalibrating my battery, I 1st charge until 100% and light is green, I then shut down phone and charge until light is green again. I then pull battery and put it back in and charge until light is green, I turn on the phone and charge until 100% and light is green. I use the app (battery calibration) and calibrate my battery. Like i said the 1st charge after calibration is great better then I ever expected out of this phone but after that is is down hill.

I have found my self calibrating the battery now every time the phone dies just to have the great battery life, Am I doing something wrong is there a way I can get great battery life with out calibrating every time my phone dies?

kinz

Reaction score
Boot into recovery and go into advance and wipe the battery stats. There also is a free app in the market for battery calibration. Hope it helps

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

OP
JawBoneEra

JawBoneEra

Reaction score
Boot into recovery and go into advance and wipe the battery stats. There also is a free app in the market for battery calibration. Hope it helps

Thanks, I will try that tonight. Battery calibration is the app I have been using.

aprilpooch

Reaction score

I actually downloaded this app but it requires that I root my phone first. Rooting seems to be impossible... Z4Root does not seem to work on the Droid Pro. I remain frustrated with the short battery life. Here it is after 5:00 pm on the west coast and my phone battery had about 10% remaining. If I am not any place where I can plug it in, I am out of luck :(

kinz

Reaction score
Is there no other way to root that phone? But yes to that the phone requires root access in order to use that app.

guns

Reaction score
Sorry not tring to steal ur thread just wanted to ask a question without opening a new one.. I downloaded that app and gonna try it.. question is do u have to re run it everytime u charge ur phone or just the first time? Thanks and sorry again

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sorry not tring to steal ur thread just wanted to ask a question without opening a new one.. I downloaded that app and gonna try it.. question is do u have to re run it everytime u charge ur phone or just the first time? Thanks and sorry again

Just the first time. You run the calibration program after installing a new rom or restoring a backup. You only need to run it once at a 100% full charge. After you run it you unplug from charger and let the phone almost run out of battery completely before charging again. After that your bstats should be good to go.

Sent from my Incredible 2

OP
JawBoneEra

JawBoneEra

Reaction score

Thanks again for the info! I have used the (battery calibration) app before in other roms I have used but for one reason or another it did not want to work properly
with my current rom. I can happily confirm that clearing my battery stats in CWR has done the job. I am able to charge my battery regularly now with out doing a calibration every time and still have great battery life.

ServerGremlin

Reaction score
I wonder is there anyway to speed up the battery drain for calibration purposes for instance I charge to 100 percent then run battery calibration then is there a way to drain battery completely at a much faster rate then charge back to 100% I know it seems stupid to ask for a way to drain battery but just curious if there is a way..

kinz

Reaction score
Turn your screen all the way up and start playing some music at full volume. That will drain it quick maybe play some Pandora radio.

Sent from my Incredible 2 HD using DroidForums

ServerGremlin

Reaction score
Turn your screen all the way up and start playing some music at full volume. That will drain it quick maybe play some Pandora radio.

Sent from my Incredible 2 HD using DroidForums

Thanks man I'll give that a shot :)

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Be careful you don't overheat the battery though if trying to drain it.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
And running it that long with the speaker all the way up can damage the speaker. I would run it at lower volume. Also, if you have videos you can run, that would be faster than music.