Battery Calibration "Rules" for flashing ROMs.

ripdoozer

Reaction score
Hey y'all,

I have searched for an answer to this question with no success. Please forgive me if this has been discussed in another thread.

I have been reading about re-calibrating your battery after flashing a new ROM. I recently moved to an extended battery,and performance is dismal thus far, so I just want to make sure I did this correctly.

This morning while at 100%, I ran the Battery Calibration app from Nema. I plan to run the phone until it dies, then make sure to charge it back to 100%.

My question is this...If I try to hold off and only flash new ROM's while the phone is fully charged (and connected to a charger???), is there a need to re-calibrate the battery?

Thanks for any guidance you may offer.

Rip

debrad0307

Reaction score
Either way you need to calibrate the battery... All it does is just erase the battery stats and start off clean so you get an accurate reading on your stats. You should still only flash roms with a charged battery. I just got the extended battery as well and the first thing I did was calibrate it. You are doing the process right though if that is what you were worried about.. Hope this helps you!

tappin and talkin on my BIONIC

beachbum25

Reaction score
before i wipe the batt stats, after it dies, i charge to 100% with the phone off. once the battery reaches 100% i pull the battery and let the phone boot back to the batt screen with a ? on it then replace the battery and sometimes it drops to 5% and continues to charge for a little bit. at that point i power on into recovery mode go to advanced and wipe battery stats then reboot and use until it gets down to 2 or 3% then charge as normal. hope this helps.