WSJ Confirms Droid Bionic Delay

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Q3 is a bummer. If I wait that long, I might as well wait until my upgrade in 4-5 months, but that could definitely be running into the end of tiered plans.

My other issue is there is a special root app I need to use to get my exchange mail to push and show in Pure Messenger widget.

Anyway, the rumored specs for the Targa or whatever they call it are about perfect. Don't care about custom roms anymore. Quite honestly it's become a pain reloading and setting everything up again and I wouldn't be flashing if I speed and ram weren't an issue for the D1.

reefsrt4

Reaction score
Anyone kno if its still the Etna or is it gonna be the Targa, with VZW renaming it the Bionic. That's what I've been hearing around the forums. But nothing confirmed on that. Either of them sound good tho. I did hear that the reason why the Etna may be canceled was because the 4G radio band wasn't making nice with Nvidias Tegra2 chip in the configuration they had the Etna in.

Sent using my Droid X, Powered by Rubix Focused 2.0.1

you are correct. the chipsets weren't making nice with each other.....is what i heard as well....from my source.

reefsrt4

Reaction score
Boy am i glad I went with the TBolt when I did. An already good phone made better with today's update, and I'll have it for a good 6 months before anyone touches their hands on the Bionic.... And 6 months after that, I'll be thinking of updating again...

dancedroid

When i got wind of the bionic news from the person i know, i did exactly what you did. Used an early upgrade, grabbed a one year contract with the TBolt. I'll be getting Targa (I mean new Bionic) in 9 more months,... :)

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
:icon_evil: Not happy. And if it is a "stripped" down as they were saying it was gonna be...I'm waiting for nothing. :icon_evil:

Where did you hear that it will be stripped down.. I do not think it will be stripped down. I think it will be better.. It will get another Dual TI instead of Tegra2. Some people was thinking of the SG2 including me. But there is absolutely no proof that it is coming to Verizon. Just T-Mobile or AT&T. I messed around with my friends TB for a few days before he returned it. In all honesty it was ok but I was not that impressed enough to buy it because it performed the same as the DX with Gingerbread. I would rather wait and hold out a little longer with my Storm1:icon_evil: and use the DX that I gave to my wife until The Bionic/Tegra comes or just the Bionic gets released 3rd Q. Especially if they bump it to 1.2GB of DDR2 Ram and maybe upgrade the FFC but the FFC does not matter to me.

Last edited:

bhughesiii

Reaction score
Dual core or not, it really isn't worth me sticking with Moto once I retire my droid. I would take the TB over even a quad core Moto. They've just done too much to irritate me. Not sure I'll really be sticking with verizon either when my contract is up.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
I won't be getting the Targa if I'm forced to endure bloatware that I can't uninstall off MY device.

I would say about 20% of Smartphone users care having bloatware on their phones and most of them are are forums almost everyday . The other 80% who never go on forums could not care less about the Bloatware. By the way I believe that the Bionic/Targa will be rooted within a week of its release...

beachbum25

Reaction score
Same here loving my TB I was gunna wait but I was like nahhhh. TB runs great on 4G and dont think it will be any different on motorola since they will probably load it up with things that take away the nice effect of it having a dual core.[/QUOTE]

Same, glad I got the Thunderbolt. All the more power to those who want to wait for locked bootloaders and bloatware - I mean Motorola phones! <cough>

Not to start a war here, but the TBolt comes loaded with crap too.....oh and lets not forget sense. Yeah Moto has kinda screwed the pooch with their bloatware but it's nice to see a company push a product that is obviously already outdated so that they can compete when it comes out. besides, and take it for what its worth verizon backed off of their previous statement that upcoming phones and tablets would be locked down.

As far as the TBolt goes it is a great phone for about 4 hours........ blazing fast while it lasts. that is unless you opted to get the tumor for extended battery life. :happy2:

Just to lighten the mood :

[video=youtube;FL7yD-0pqZg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL7yD-0pqZg]YouTube - iPhone4 vs HTC Evo[/video]

OH SO TRUE!!!!!

MoeDaddy

Reaction score
Like others here moto has lost me, I have had at least 10 moto phones throughout the years and unless they change their ways I'll never have another one and I don't care if I'm the minority. It's my money and my phone and I'll decide what I like and live with the consequences of those decisions.

I got so frustrated with my DX after having the D1 that I bought a TB, even though I prefer the DX design and build quality over the TB. However, I am sick of being limited to what I can run on MY own phone. So until moto unlocks their phones I'll be staying away. As for HTC having bloatware... Well yah, they all do... but as long as I can root and remove it I don't care so bloatware really isn't a deciding factor for me. Soon I'll be able to throw on CM and other aosp roms on my TB which I could never do with any moto phone other than the original Droid. Do I like motos HW? Sure I do, I actually prefer their build quality and design over HTC but I cannot live with the fact that I am limited in what I can do to a phone that I own.

That all said I hope the bionic comes out for those that have been waiting because it's been a long wait for sure...

MoeDaddy

Reaction score
Oh and to be clear I'm not saying I couldn't use custom roms on other motos just not pure "aosp" built roms as you cannot change the kernel on any except the Droid. So you can have hacked together roms that will work well by varying degrees but none will work as well as a pure aosp rom built for the phone...

chris420o

Reaction score
i still dont understand the whole custom rom bs with moto phones everyones so upset about...was nice on the d1 bc the d1 was limited and devs did what they could to help us get our phones as fast as possible....when you have a duel core phone running optimized im sure there will be no reason to load a custom kernal or rom unless you wanna theme it or remove bloatware n or such diplight n detox...oh wait....you CAN do that with a locked bootloader

people get a grip n stop justifying buying the evo a year after its outdated...i mean thunderbolt oops...moto haters when they bring out the best hardware bar none

locked bootloaders suck and i for one hate the fact their doing it but ur arguments are ridiculous...i want the best physical phone out and i think moto is gonna make it