Woz Prefers The Razr

Kimo91

Reaction score
Keep telling yourself that Cereal, it may sink in some day to those who don't know any different.

Again another GNex douche crashing this party

Sent from my rooted and Safe Strapped Motor DROID RAZR

Droidxskywalker

Reaction score
I didn't think people were that gullible.. I should've realized.... lol.... good catch...

I hereby affirm that no phone is intended to stop bullets... please don't think that because u have Kevlar in your phone that you are now impervious to bullets.... IT'S DUMB... DON'T DO IT!!!!! And I hereby accept no legal responsibility if anyone who reads the afore mentioned post is moronic enough to attempt said action... YOU MIGHT GET LUCKY ONCE... BUT YOU'LL PROBABLY DIE!!!!

.... there... my hands are clean lmao

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

I'm not going into detail, but my DROID X saved me from having a heart attack, and that's one of the reasons I've had one for 10 months and am sticking with the X series for life! I have heart issues that are caused by stress, which is why this happened. And I've heard about someone's Droid Incredible that saved their life, but never an iPod. I had iPods for the last 5 years, and I think they suck. Who needs them when you have a DROID, especially the DROID X?. It's like having an iPhone, but better. I've played with almost every one of the DROID DOES phones, and I've played with a few non DROID android phones, and in my judgement, anything without DROID in it's name, SUCKS! I always say, "if your're a smartphone without DROID in your name, then chances are, you're just as bad as Crapple's iSuck". I don't mean to offend anyone who's phone isn't a DROID DOES phone, but that's my opinion about anything without DROID in it's name. I just love DROID. I couldn't be comfy with any other phone. We just wouldn't get along as well as my X and I do. My best friend showed me his DROID Razr, and that thing is pretty awesome, but I prefer my X over anything else

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
RAZR is unique and one of a kind in many ways. Where else can you find a handset made like the RAZR ? No where :)

Not to knock the Galaxy Nexus but without ICS what is it? Just another Android phone. A great Android phone mind you but it doesn't differentiate itself from any other Android smartphone.

Sent from Droid RAZR

Keep telling yourself that Cereal, it may sink in some day to those who don't know any different.

Read what he's saying. Since the RAZR will get ICS, thats a wash. Stock vs. skinned...its a wash. Take away the software on the G Nex and you have a typical Android phone with no on screen buttons. From a hardware standpoint...The RAZR has thinness, scratch resistant back...even if its only on the Kevlar...lol, water resistant.. all that together isnt really anywhere else but on the RAZR.

The thinness might be over rated...but it does get comments when me or my kids mother has it in the streets.

The G Nex... its a dev phone really...there's really at least 2 other dev phones out now so it being a dev phone isnt unique. A dev phone with those specs...yea...then you got the Rezound that isnt a dev phone but with similar specs. Bump the screen res up on the RAZR and then you got 2 phones with similar specs.

Read what I bolded.. They are both great...at what they do best; in their own way. I had a RAZR since 11-11...I had a G Nex for 2 weeks. Now I have a Rezound and RAZR.... All these phones are great ...at what they do best....

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Again another GNex douche crashing this party

Sent from my rooted and Safe Strapped Motor DROID RAZR

A mod should know well enough that the Nexus has a better and larger screen, removeable battery, better cpu, overclocked gpu, better camera,nfc, larger dev community and faster updates than the Razr.

Now if he had said the same about the Rezound he would have a very valid point considering its amazing camera/screen/gpu.

I dont feel correting someone with factual information makes me a douche.

I think saying "what is the nexus without ICS" is a much more false accusation.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
A mod should know well enough that the Nexus has a better and larger screen, removeable battery, better cpu, overclocked gpu, better camera,nfc, larger dev community and faster updates than the Razr.

Now if he had said the same about the Rezound he would have a very valid point considering its amazing camera/screen/gpu.

I dont feel correting someone with factual information makes me a douche.

I think saying "what is the nexus without ICS" is a much more false accusation.

All those things I just bolded arent unique to the G Nex tho.... thats why I said read what I bolded earlier... What I just bolded can be split between the Rezound and Nexus S. Its not unique to the G Nex.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
All those things I just bolded arent unique to the G Nex tho.... thats why I said read what I bolded earlier... What I just bolded can be split between the Rezound and Nexus S. Its not unique to the G Nex.

So what if I said something similar like "what is the Razr without it's kevlar backplate." How would you respond to that since it has nothing else than other similar phones.

Just seems like you have a double standard.

Edit: I'm not attempting to start an argument, those who know me know its not my style. I just take offense to someone saying "whats the nexus without ics." Since as I've pointed out with the Razr, the same can be said about it as well.

gthotie5

Reaction score
Nexus without ICS is a phone that will last 2 years because of direct Google updates and Dev support. Even if Google had put gingerbread on this thing Devs would have ICS running on it already.
The RAZR will be kicked to the curve by Verizon and MOTO in a few months?

Both phones have they're perks but, IMHO MOTO> SAMMY

If only the Droid 4 was a nexus phone..

Sent from my GalaxyNexus using DroidForums

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
So what if I said something similar like "what is the Razr without it's kevlar backplate." How would you respond to that since it has nothing else than other similar phones.

Edit: I'm not attempting to start an argument, those who know me know its not my style. I just take offense to someone saying "whats the nexus without ics." Since as I've pointed out with the Razr, the same can be said about it as well.

Without the Kevlar back, its thin and water resistant...lol.

Ok....if thats the case...whats a G Nex without the higher res screen..lol. We can go back n forth until we have a Droid 1.. The point is hardware is there, you cant change that. Software can change. Put it like this: once every other phone has ICS the G Nex wont be so different, unique. How many other phones will be as thin, water resistant and have a scratch resistant back as the RAZR? As of right now there are no more.

Thats why I bolded when he said....unique... There will be other phones with stock ICS. Like the Nexus S. This isnt saying there's something wrong with it or it sucks, he just saying after ICS, it isnt so special anymore.

Again...we just talking about uniqueness...

Take away the things that make all these phones unique and we have phones from last year. Dual core chip, lte... no matter how faster or slower, other phones have them. Thats not unique. The Devy is water resistant, not as thin. the Casio is water resistant...not as thin. The design of the RAZR with the water resistance and Kevlar is more unique at this time than the G Nex with ICS. Hardware vs. software.

gthotie5

Reaction score
Droid 4 is probably gonna have everything the RAZR has plus a keyboard. I might trade in my gnex for it.
I actually hated the gnex when I heard about all its flaws but then tried it... and I still don't regret buying it

Eh whatever argue all you want the skyrocket is the best Android phone on the market in terms of speed and power which is what really matters cuz if you cared about hardware that much you would get an iphone. So what is the RAZR without its hardware? a piece of crap. What is the nexus without its software? a piece of crap.

You all sound like pregnant females. always going crazy about a stupid phone defending it like it's your child or your religion.
If your happy with your phone great, but there's no need for attacks or sarcastic comments towards other users about their phone.

I'm so sick of these threads.

gthotie5

Reaction score
Three super phones on Verizon.
They are not world's apart from each other. It's just a phone that you will get rid of in 2 years or less for God's sake!
OK I'm done ranting. Had to be done.

Androidatic

Reaction score

This is so typical of Nexus owners. They're worse than iPhone owners IMO.

I'm not gonna come in here and bash the GN, but like other Razr owners, we chose the Razr over the Nexus for a multitude of reasons.

Why do the Nexus owners come into a Razr forum and try to force their opinions on Razr owners? It's happening everywhere.

I just hope that Moto makes the next Nexus, because if it's a Sammy or HTC, I will never own a Nexus.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

pinoy_92

Reaction score
The thread was about the Co founder of apple praising android smart phones. Now, its about people with android smart phones bickering with each other trying to find out which is better.

Can't we all just get along and ripped on apple like the good old days?!

Androidatic

Reaction score
The thread was about the Co founder of apple praising android smart phones. Now, its about people with android smart phones bickering with each other trying to find out which is better.

Can't we all just get along and ripped on apple like the good old days?!

This!

OP
vonfink13

vonfink13

Reaction score
when i started this thread i never intended it to start a stupid flame war pitting the razr against the g-nex.....but those g-nex'ers have to jump in and start trouble...this thread took a bad turn...one of the founders of apple prefers the razr over the g-nex....just like me...simple as that...dont start no stuff wont be no stuff...

Androidatic

Reaction score
when i started this thread i never intended it to start a stupid flame war pitting the razr against the g-nex.....but those g-nex'ers have to jump in and start trouble...this thread took a bad turn...one of the founders of apple prefers the razr over the g-nex....just like me...simple as that...dont start no stuff wont be no stuff...

I'm on 2 other Razr forums aside from this one and it's the same there too. To see if this was a two way street I browsed the Nexus sections of these forums. What I was unable to find were Razr owners posting in in the Nexus forums.

Why do Nexus owners feel that they have to defend a piece of electronics or justify their purchase?