Wow... best buy....

GreenAcid

Reaction score
So I called my local best buy this afternoon, after being told YESTERDAY to call today and they would hold one for me,

I get on the phone, and they tell me the regular price is 699.99...Even though Verizon is selling it for 589.99 out right...I Then asked, Well can you price match Verizon? She puts me on a VERY lengthy hold and comes back and tells me:

Best Buy is not selling the Droid Bionic out right without an upgrade, due to they want people who have upgrades to have first dibs.

I'm very mad. I have to take back a laptop I paid 1200 bucks for, and I figured I'd use some of it to buy the phone but I guess that isn't going to be the case.

I Then call Verizon to see if they will sell me the phone out right, which they will, and then the dude tries to talk me into opening up another line just to use the upgrade, and paying 10 bucks for 2 years...Which would be fine, but it's not my account, it's my Mom's, and I've already used my upgrade hense why I want to buy it out right.....

I'm NOT very pleased with this....Anyone should have just as much chance to get a phone, Paying out right for it, or using an upgrade.

I will probably never shop there again.

malicious_a

Reaction score
that doesn't sound right. Problem with Best Buy is that each store is allowed to set their own policies and they get away with murder because of it. If there was another Best Buy in your area, I would try that one.

I don't know if you can return that laptop to another Best Buy, but if you can get the cash, I would buy it from Verizon. Best Buy = Teh Devil.

OP
GreenAcid

GreenAcid

Reaction score
That's the thing. I Paid for my laptop half with cash, half on my card, and Since best buy does NOT do cash back even with a debit card, and their limit is 500 bucks cash back if you DID pay in cash, I was gonna use what I paid on my card as store credit, and pay for the phone that way.

I figured since I was already there, might as just do it. but now looks like I will have to order from VZW.com whenever my money clears back on my card from BB...

Bastards

OP
GreenAcid

GreenAcid

Reaction score
So i called them back, and spoke to the same girl, I Asked to talk to a manager, she denied me and said she had to take care of things.

I politely asked, Can you tell me what section of your policy allows you to NOT SELL Verizon phones out right to customers and keep them for those who have upgrades?

She responds, "Uh, erm...uh...well the thing is....i uh...was guessing that might be the reason"

Puts me on hold for 9 minutes, and I'm still holding...

OP
GreenAcid

GreenAcid

Reaction score
why would you edit my post? it even blocked out the only bad word I used.....that doesn't make sense

OP
GreenAcid

GreenAcid

Reaction score
Okay, So After a 15min wait here's the story they told me...

Their computers USUALLY don't let them sell BRAND new stuff (that requires an upgrade) out right for 30 days...But they snagged one and ran it through the system and it let them do it.

Now here's the fishy part: THEY HAVE NONE IN STOCK!... How and what one did they use to TRY and swipe it through the system to sell out right? if they have NONE in stock.....They said they just got a truck load of stuff 45min ago, and they have to sort through it, but it shows they got 4 in....I Live 30min away from them, the ONLY best buy around for 2 hours...I Asked if they could reserve one for me, and they said they don't reserve anything for anyone. It's first come first serve. and if i really want one of the 4, I Need to come in at 10am when they open.

Oh, and they said they'd price match for me. A manager has to see it on the Verizon site being sold for 589 full price for them to price match though. Other wise they want to sell it for $699.99.

I'm seriously not pleased. One should NOT have to jump through so many hurdles to get something..

Reaction score
sorry to hear that dude. best buy was nothing but good to me. they got everything set up and taken care of quickly.
plus, they did match my NE2 discount.

also fyi, if you (like me) buy their Buyback program (which only costs me $30) if you trade it in within six months they give you 50% of their full retail, not Verizons.
That means they give me $350 instead of $294. just something to think about.

BlackDiamond

Reaction score
Why not go into the store and talk to them?? Seems like i get more things settled quicker and easier when i talk face to face with someone verse's over the phone..Thats just my opinion...either way i think Bestbuy is blowing some smoke!

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
sorry to hear that dude. best buy was nothing but good to me. they got everything set up and taken care of quickly.
plus, they did match my NE2 discount.

also fyi, if you (like me) buy their Buyback program (which only costs me $30) if you trade it in within six months they give you 50% of their full retail, not Verizons.
That means they give me $350 instead of $294. just something to think about.

Couldn't you just sell your Bionic for more than $350 within 6 months?

I was looking at this myself, seems like a good idea, but then I realized I could probably sell the Bionic for more than what they give you back if I wanted to buy a new phone.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I'd say $350 will be about it after six mo's. That's a really long time in the phone universe!

tcayton49

Reaction score
Oh, and they said they'd price match for me. A manager has to see it on the Verizon site being sold for 589 full price for them to price match though. Other wise they want to sell it for $699.99.

I'm seriously not pleased. One should NOT have to jump through so many hurdles to get something..

be careful about this. Best But normally doesn't normally price match from websites other than their own. I'm not surprised that they told you that and would be very surprised if they did it(Best Buy isn't known for being the most trustworthy store)

OP
GreenAcid

GreenAcid

Reaction score
Yeah. I'm not really prepared to walk out with a Bionic tomorrow. I Will probably order one on Saturday from Vzw and get it Tuesday...

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'd say $350 will be about it after six mo's. That's a really long time in the phone universe!

But wouldn't BB also drop the price of their retail for the Bionic, therefore reducing the amount they'll give you back?

p3ng

Reaction score
A couple of corrections here...Best Buy cannot set individual policies. They get a kickback for new lines and upgrades, which is why they might want to only sell to contract holders. Secondly, you can refund debit purchases back to the card if its over 250$. Cash refunds over 500 will be issued as a check and mailed to you. You could get 600 back to your debit card and request a 101 dollar gift card, and the remaining 499 would be given as cash.Lastly, several stores did not receive their Bionics today.