Any reason to buy a Droid Pro from VZW store?

MattB85

Reaction score
I'm looking to upgrade from my old Motorola W755 to a Droid Pro. Best Buy is selling them for $50 with an upgrade, and Wirefly has them for free. The Verizon store prices it at $179. When I asked the sales rep if they would match prices (I figured they'd at least match the Best Buy next door) I was flatly told no. All well and good; I don't take any offense at that. However, is there any advantage to buying the device from Verizon as opposed to a 3rd party?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
if they won't price match I don't see why you wouldn't get it elsewhere. Save yourself the cash :)

You can still get the insurance for the phone, which IMO, is the only real protection you need for your device.

You certainly won't gain anything from Verizon worth the $179 (or $129) price difference.

Times are tough, no sense in throwing away money!

MO3iusONE

Reaction score
I usually recommend getting phones at best buy since they tend to do the rebates instantly so you don't have to bother mailing that it.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

bwhite757

Reaction score
I buy from VZW because I'm on a business account and Best Buy has issues with accessing it.

Either way I do enjoy the fact that if I have a problem with the phone I can walk right into VZW and walk out with a new one. Normally no questions asked.

Sent from my DROID PRO using Tapatalk