My plan

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I'm thinking about putting a Bionic on my Best Buy card for full price and taking advantage of 18 months no interest. That way I'm still off contract (I was done with my NE2 mid August) and I can switch phones if something else comes out that I cant live without. I could then keep buying new off contract and selling my old phones. Anyone see any holes or pitfalls in this plan that I'm not seeing? Thanks! :) (Oh, and I'm sure I'll also get a few bucks selling my used X)

ConqSoft

Reaction score
I've done it in the past.

And the Best Buy insurance plan is better. Also, if you get the BuyBack option, you can get 50% ($350) back if you trade it in within 6 months (less the longer you go).

OP
tgyberg

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
^I'm on the fence about the buy back option.. If say the rumored Prime comes out in late Nov and I want to switch phones, I'm not sure how that would/could work.

ConqSoft

Reaction score
With the buy back option, you could return the Bionic, and you would get $350 in a Best Buy gift card that you could apply to the new phone.

And usually, if you buy an accessory with the phone (like a screen protector or case), they give you the buy back option at half price.

OP
tgyberg

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I guess my only gamble would be that the Bionic may still be worth more used on ebay than $350. Hmm, coin toss!