WOW! 2x Battery

ajk23az

Reaction score
I was just searching the market this morning, bored at work and came across this.

What it does it turn off the data connection while your phone is asleep and every 15 minutes, turns it back on to get texts and push notifications and everything.

Ever since this last update, my Thunderbolt even had worse battery life, even on 3G (lasted about 10-11 hours max), didn't try a full battery on 4G but it went down a lot quicker, guessing around 6-8 hours max.

Anyways, downloaded it around 5 am this morning and after 8 hours my battery (always on 3G) is still at 50%.

Pretty nice!

badmeat

Reaction score
Sounds like its just disabling "always on mobile data" which you can do in the Mobile Network Settings

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

anuraj1

Reaction score
I think the point is that the app the OP found does it for you and you'll still get push notifications, etc. every 15 min. Sweet find, we'll all need it as we upgrade devices.

OP
ajk23az

ajk23az

Reaction score
I think the point is that the app the OP found does it for you and you'll still get push notifications, etc. every 15 min. Sweet find, we'll all need it as we upgrade devices.

Exactly. Nobody likes going into settings and pushing all those buttons to turn it off and on all the time.

I know I'm going to keep using this app. Since I posted this, my battery has gone down only 9% in 4 hours! (Granted, it is with minimal use since I was sitting in a movie for 2 of those).

I'm going to test it on 4G tomorrow.

OP
ajk23az

ajk23az

Reaction score

brockeverly

Reaction score
Downloading now, trying to get through a full day on a Seidio 1600mah battery. I really do not want to give in and buy a Seidio 3200mah.

badmeat

Reaction score

I still get notifications with Always on mobile Data disabled.

All these battery saving / task killing apps are a placebo...but run it if you like it.

OP
ajk23az

ajk23az

Reaction score

I still get notifications with Always on mobile Data disabled.

All these battery saving / task killing apps are a placebo...but run it if you like it.

How is it a placebo when I've lost only 7% with 4g on in 3 hours?

Before I started running it, I would already be down to 60%. 4g would last at max 7.5 hours.

works for me, don't care if it didn't for you! =)

Sent from my Thunderbolt

badmeat

Reaction score
Peoples' ignorance is the problem with the Thunderbolt. The display is the largest user of battery. Period. Unless you're an extremely light user.
Not to get into a pissing match, but what's the total time that your display has been on in those 3 hours? 20 minutes?
Mine has been off for 4 hours, display has been on for 1 hour, 25 minutes of those 4 hours and my extended battery is at 86%.

OP
ajk23az

ajk23az

Reaction score
Couldn't really tell you that because I never turn my phone off. Awake time says 12 hours, and total up time is at 57 hours. I never reset it.

Id much rather have this app running then an ugly looking extended battery.

Sent from my Thunderbolt

badmeat

Reaction score
Couldn't really tell you that because I never turn my phone off. Awake time says 12 hours, and total up time is at 57 hours. I never reset it.

Id much rather have this app running then an ugly looking extended battery.

Sent from my Thunderbolt

Settings > about phone > battery > battery use > display
If you're a heavy user, the display % will easily be 70% plus
If I didn't have the extended battery, I'd be charging my phone 2-3 times daily since I use it constantly for work. Run your app all you want...its simply enabling/disabling functions on the phone that you could easily do manually, with a little phone know-how.
Glad it works for you.

OP
ajk23az

ajk23az

Reaction score
Display is taking up 66%, time on is 55 minutes for the day. Took phone off charger at 430am this morning. 6 hours, and my battery is at 75%.

And I realize that this app does it for you, isn't that the point of an app?? Make things easier on a person? Nobody wants to go into settings every time to switch it off manually.

Sent from my Thunderbolt