Working unlock tools or free vendor with unlock codes¿?

CaliEskimo

Reaction score
Like the header states, does anyone know of free tools or a provider who will unlock my Droid Bionic as I have contacted numerous paid vendors who cannot unlock my ICS Bionic. I've got valid SIM cards for AT&T, T-Mobile, Straight talk and an old school(free service) Cingular sim. I recently got my phone to root but still no luck with the unlock and to the best of my knowledge, i need a code to unlock my phone but nobody can find mine. Seems odd but I wont give up as I have seen other Bionics with vendors other than Verizon so i will not give up until my phones becomes a paperweight!
Plz help!!!

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If it doesn't help what exactly are you looking for?

That phone doesn't have the gsm radios enabled by default. The only way to activate them as far as I can tell is to change/trick the bootloader into thinking those radios should be enabled.

It wasn't advertised as a global phone like the Droid 3 which only needed an unlock code from Verizon.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OP
C

CaliEskimo

Reaction score
Found a wonderful site last night, ill upload it next reply but it gives you a website to find a program called cdma workshop. It then tells you to go further into the phone to by pressing *#*#46*#*# which then allows you to ping IPs, find servers, change radio bands and frequencies...superuser capabilities basically.

OP
C

CaliEskimo

Reaction score
Scratch that last post. Anyways, have done alot of calling to Verizon and have burned up about 3 hours of white lies, finagling and plain old threatening to no avail. All I'm being told is that I MUST HAVE an active line in order to get unlock codes for my phone. I have my IMEI number even though my phone is currently a wifi device but nobody will help, not even any paid code unlocking service/vendor. Are people getting sued or what!?
Today i received a .99$ T-Mobile 4G SIM card and activated it for their Pre-pay services and inserted it into my DROID Bionic...no such luck, my phones still locked and there is just nothing I can do unless i go forward and pay some 200$ just for an active line w/Verizon wireless. F that, their company is a bunch of overpaid swindlers, kinda like Qwest/Century link!! Im almost tempted to trade this phone into Sprint to get a hefty discount on (I'm going to hate myself for saying this!) a Samsung Galaxy S III....ill miss you MOTOROLA but in hindsight, NO I WONT!

chuck54

Reaction score
I wouldn't feel bad for saying an S3 is better, atleast the development for it is outstanding. And it has screenshot baked into stock! Motorola just has apps.... no special software for us lol

OP
C

CaliEskimo

Reaction score
Anyone...is there no help!!?? No love for a Droid loyalist?
Yesterday, my buddy let me use his S3 and its S/W is really no better than other JB versions on the RAZR. I think ill stick with moto but really...does anyone know where i can download CDMA workshop for free?? I'm pretty sure I'm savvy enough to unlock my phone w/o Verizon's help but I'll need some techie help from somebody here. Is there anyone that has these skills and wants to help or no?