Got the SIM unlock code but need help

nojoke

Reaction score
I'm S-OFF, rooted, and called Verizon to get my sim unlock code which they gave me. Tried both AT&T and Simple mobile sim cards went under settings/call/sim unlock put in the code and it unlocked but no service. Also put it in GSM only but no go.

Is the phone not compatible with AT&T/Simple's band? Or am I doing something wrong? Thanks.

HTCuser

Reaction score
Try going into settings>security>disable Sim lock press on that and see what it says. Oh and the only Sim cards its not compatible with is ATT any other Sim card would work

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

OP
N

nojoke

Reaction score
Try going into settings>security>disable Sim lock press on that and see what it says. Oh and the only Sim cards its not compatible with is ATT any other Sim card would work

Tried settings>security>disable sim lock put in the code and it says its unlocked or already unlocked.

Also tried a T-Mobile sim and that didn't work either any other suggestions?

HTCuser

Reaction score
Try calling up VZW and ask them what's wrong with it

goffredo

Reaction score
Why S-OFF & rooted?

I'm S-OFF, rooted, and called Verizon to get my sim unlock code...

Hi, I'm just curious what (if any?) the benefit of S-OFF and rooting is for this scenario? I have a Verizon DINC2, which I plan to use with a local Italian SIM while I'm in Italy for both wifi-hotspot and voice. I got the SIM unlock code from Verizon, and the phone seemed to 'take' it, so I didn't see the need to root/S-OFF it.

I'm wondering if maybe S-OFF and rooting is necessary to run a non-Verizon wifi hotspot app? I don't know much about how this works, so please let me know if I'm missing something. I'm suspicious that Verizon's "3G Mobile Hotspot" app probably isn't going to work once I get to Italy and pop in an Italian SIM card for a myriad of reasons listed below, though I haven't been able to get any more information on this:

* must be 'enabled' by verizon after paying them monthly $$ for their wifi tethering plan
* probably only works on CDMA and not GSM
* or if it does work on GSM, probably doesn't work on non-Vodaphone GSM
* possibly capped at 2GB to stay in line with Verizon's wifi tethering plan

Thanks!

Last edited:

HTCuser

Reaction score
Yes if u put on root/s off u get a tether app for free. I don't think that it would be bcuz of root that it doesn't work bcuz I have s off and the unlock code worked

goffredo

Reaction score
Yes if u put on root/s off u get a tether app for free.

Ah ha! Ok that makes sense, then, thanks for the heads up! :)

I was running Cyanogen on my DINC before I upgraded to the DINC2, and it bundled a really nice & easy to use wifi tether app on it. I miss it! But I am waiting for a stable Cyanogen before I consider putting it on my DINC2, so right now all I have is the stock Verizon "3G Mobile Hotspot" app which sucks for the reasons I previously enumerated.

What is a good rooted wifi-tethering app that I can use on my rooted DINC2? I couldn't figure out what app Cyanogen bundles, but it would be awesome if I could root my DINC2 and put the exact same app on it that Cyanogen bundles. I checked Cyanogen's list of bundled apps, but I didn't see anything to do with tethering.

HTCuser

Reaction score
Yes if u put on root/s off u get a tether app for free.

Ah ha! Ok that makes sense, then, thanks for the heads up! :)

I was running Cyanogen on my DINC before I upgraded to the DINC2, and it bundled a really nice & easy to use wifi tether app on it. I miss it! But I am waiting for a stable Cyanogen before I consider putting it on my DINC2, so right now all I have is the stock Verizon "3G Mobile Hotspot" app which sucks for the reasons I previously enumerated.

What is a good rooted wifi-tethering app that I can use on my rooted DINC2? I couldn't figure out what app Cyanogen bundles, but it would be awesome if I could root my DINC2 and put the exact same app on it that Cyanogen bundles. I checked Cyanogen's list of bundled apps, but I didn't see anything to do with tethering.

There is an app called barnacle tethr from the market and its free

incre

Reaction score
Have you tried to re-start your phone in GSM mode? It worked for me after I re-start but not before. My phone is able to use T-mobile network with my SIM card. I hope it helps.

goffredo

Reaction score
There is an app called barnacle tethr from the market and its free

Yeah that's what I'm using now. I'll know in about two weeks whether it works in Europe with a non-Verizon, non-Vodaphone SIM. I'll post my results after I get set up.

oj007

Reaction score
hi every one... i updated my droid4 to 4.04 and it give me an option of global activation. i put simple mobile sim in it and i get a message the sim card is from an unkown source?? any help?