Unlock Help and SIM Cards

trueblue51

Reaction score
I recently moved to Grenada and took my Incredible 2 with me to use. I have a local SIM card and an unlock code, but I'm still having trouble getting it on the local network. I've tried switching to GSM mode, but I keep getting "No SIM card detected." This happens with both my local and Verizon SIM card. Any ideas to get around this?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
trueblue51 said:
I recently moved to Grenada and took my Incredible 2 with me to use. I have a local SIM card and an unlock code, but I'm still having trouble getting it on the local network. I've tried switching to GSM mode, but I keep getting "No SIM card detected." This happens with both my local and Verizon SIM card. Any ideas to get around this?

Welcome to DF, trueblue51! Grenada, how beautiful! I have been to Grenada many times and spent many many weeks there on my visits. I think one of the best Caribbean islands by far. Are you in St George, Grande Andes, Morne Rouge beach area? There are lots of people I could ask you to tell 'em hi for me. Such a small world!

Now on to your problem. There are a few threads that might address your problem. I will research them now and get back to you. Also bsweetness, one of our mods, knows most all the ins and outs to foreign SIMs, so if he happens to be on, he will have great advice.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
OP
T

trueblue51

Reaction score
The best information I can find applies to the ICS on the Razr, but if the Dinc2 is global capable, then the same abilities may apply. The steps may be a little different on the Dinc 2 but try:

Post #25 on this thread:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-maxx/212942-international-travel-razr-maxx-3.html

And read through the thread starting at this post for more information and ideas.

Thanks for the help, this page basically says to update the phone software, so I'm looking into that now for HTC. I'll let you know what, if anything, I can find.

I'm living in Calliste, right next to Grand Anse. Pretty nice setup.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
What kind of phone do you have? Your phone may not be able to use a foreign sim card. The HTC Rezound just had a software update that allows that possibility. I am not sure if other HTC phones can.

Grenada: wish I was there! Take a trip to Anandale falls when you have a chance. There used to be a very friendly monkey living there... it wouldn't leave me alone and wanted to come back home with me.

View attachment 54658

View attachment 54657