SIM Card Reader Gone Bad?

joshywashie

Reaction score
PROBLEM:

So I was able to unlock my phone successfully and use GSM for awhile. I then rooted and flashed CM7 onto the phone. Everything was working for awhile but then one day I wasn't able to make a call. I checked the phone status and it switched me back to CDMA.

I went to "Disable SIM card lock" to see if my phone went funky and decided to relock the phone (which I know is impossible, but just checking) and it said "SIM lock is disabled" so I knew that was good.

Went to Call -> Preferred Network -> GSM/UMTS Mode and it gives me this error message: "There is no SIM card on your device. Your device will switch to CDMA mode now."

------------------------------------
Solutions I've Tried:

I tested the phone with SIM cards of other people and it still gives the same message, but when I used my SIM card with other people's phone it works perfectly fine.

I've tried rotating the SIM card to see if that would work, but still no good.

I've done a soft reset, factory reset, and reverted back to stock rock.

Any solutions?
Thanks!

Last edited:

swarndw

Reaction score
Fix for bad Samsung android sim card reader

Some Samsung and other phones have a bad chip in the Sim circuit. If you heat the circuit up, the sim usually starts working again ... at least temporarily. To do this, take back off you phone. Remove the sim and sd cards. Use a blow dryer on high heat to heat the area around the sim socket until it is fairly hot to the touch. Move the dryer around to avoid heating one spot too much. Avoid heating the camera lens and do not use the dryer directly on the face of the phone. Heat long enough and evenly enough from tue back side until even the face is slghtly hot. Let the hot phone sit for 2 minutes the replace the sim card, sd chip and battery. Power the phone back on and check for a signal. You should see some bars and 3G or 4G displayed. This can be safely tried several time till the phone recognizes the sim card. Hope this helps.

PROBLEM:

So I was able to unlock my phone successfully and use GSM for awhile. I then rooted and flashed CM7 onto the phone. Everything was working for awhile but then one day I wasn't able to make a call. I checked the phone status and it switched me back to CDMA.

I went to "Disable SIM card lock" to see if my phone went funky and decided to relock the phone (which I know is impossible, but just checking) and it said "SIM lock is disabled" so I knew that was good.

Went to Call -> Preferred Network -> GSM/UMTS Mode and it gives me this error message: "There is no SIM card on your device. Your device will switch to CDMA mode now."

Solutions I've Tried:

I tested the phone with SIM cards of other people and it still gives the same message, but when I used my SIM card with other people's phone it works perfectly fine.

I've tried rotating the SIM card to see if that would work, but still no good.

I've done a soft reset, factory reset, and reverted back to stock rock.

Any solutions?
Thanks!