unlock code problem

romereaux

Reaction score
I have a rezound and have purchased a unlock code from a website. The instructions say to insert a off carrier simcard and turn phone on. Then it said it will ask for a unlock code. Well I put in a AT&T sim card but the only thing it said was that it was a invalid simcard and didnt give the option to input a unlock code. If anyone has a clue what i can do or any sugusstion would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

flamewalker

Reaction score
You can only unlock from htcdev.com... You have been had buddy. I've read that it supposedly can work on GSM but I have seen anyone actually able to do it.

OP
R

romereaux

Reaction score
Well that sucks. Oh well thanks for the info buddy

droidgal1

Reaction score
From where did you purchase code? i got my phone unlocked from Onlinegsmunlock.com. If you want you can try them.. they also provide instruction so that you can unlock your phone by yourself step by step.

acejavelin

Reaction score
The Rezound doesn't require "unlocking" per se to be used on alternate carrier, in most cases it only requires a GSM ROM (Global Mode RUU or a custom ROM) and a little bit of setting trickery. "Unlocking" on the Rezound is to unlock the Bootloader, a critical step in rooting or installing a custom ROM and like flamewalker said can only be done for free at htcdev.com, but has nothing directly to do with carrier settings or locks. There are tons of threads on using the Rezound on AT&T, T-Mobile, Page Plus, Straight Talk, etc. over at XDA.