Woops! Flashed SPRecovery and now Droid can't see the battery.

jlutgring

Reaction score
Once upon a time, I had SP Recovery and Android 2.2 rooted and installed. I installed Cyanogen mod and lost my SP Recovery menu. I reflashed SP Recovery using RSD Lite now my Droid won't stay on because it thinks there's no charge on the battery when it's fully charged. In the programming mode, the battery status is OK. This happened before but I figured it was a once in a million anomaly so I don't remember how I resolved it. Any ideas before I pop this sucker into the microwave?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
it won't come on even if plugged into the wall?

OP
J

jlutgring

Reaction score
Thanks for your response.

I tried everything that I could think of; removing batter for extended period of time, leaving it plugged in all night, etc. It was resolved only by reflashing to the only other ROM I have; the original Verizon Android 2.01 ROM. I still have 4 Nandroid full system backups if I can find a different SP Recovery ROM that doesn't behave badly.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Can you get into sprecovery? If so if you can mount your phone I suggest Simply Stunning 4.1....its 2.2 and works very well. Wipe data and cache before install. Its an update.zip so should be an easy install if you can get to recovery.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jonner

Reaction score
I'm running into this same problem. I was unrooted and just manually updated to Froyo build FRG01B. I decided I wanted to install a custom ROM, so I ran SPRecovery, and everything seemed fine until the phone rebooted. Now when it boots it indicates that there is no battery charge (but the same battery in another phone reads 100% charge) and says to plug in the charger even though it's already plugged in. Because it doesn't seem to recognize the battery or power source, it ends up restarting after about 30 seconds and starting the whole process again.

I've tried wiping the data and cache and re-running SPRecovery (using SPRecovery_ESE81.sbf) multiple times and can't get anything to change. I also tried reinstalling the FRG01B update, but got and "install blocked,Installation aborted" message. This is the only thread I could find that had a similar problem. I'm new to the forum and rooting, so any help is appreciated. Thanks!

jonner

Reaction score
I finally fixed this by reverting to stock 2.0.1 with RSD Lite with this file:
moto-droid2.01stock.sbf.
From there I installed a rooted 2.1 ROM and then the Bugless Beast build of 2.2. Kind of the long way around but hopefully this helps some other n00b in a similar predicament!

anuraj1

Reaction score
The empty battery big can be a result of using a 2.1 kernel on 2.2 ROM. I would try replacing the kernel before resorting to RSD Lite.

canvs2321

Reaction score
Once upon a time, I had SP Recovery and Android 2.2 rooted and installed. I installed Cyanogen mod and lost my SP Recovery menu. I reflashed SP Recovery using RSD Lite now my Droid won't stay on because it thinks there's no charge on the battery when it's fully charged. In the programming mode, the battery status is OK. This happened before but I figured it was a once in a million anomaly so I don't remember how I resolved it. Any ideas before I pop this sucker into the microwave?

Well it seems to have come down to user error? or typing error? Why are you flashing SP Recovery using RSD Lite?