Flashed SPRecov onto 2.2 when I thought it was 2.1...help

FRFuzz

Reaction score
Well guys, first post, and I think I royally screwed my wife's Droid 1 up. Yesterday I got my own Droid 1 all set up with Sapphire, and she became jealous. Promised her today I'd do the same for her. I checked her phone yesterday, it was running 2.1.

She gave the phone to me today, it was off. I turned it on and brought up bootloader, hooked it up via USB, and flashed SP Recovery onto it via RSD Lite. Mistake number one, I didn't turn it on fully and double check things before I went screwing with it. It restarted after the flash, and low and behold, android 2.2 is there???

I'm guessing her automatic update for 2.2 hit some time between last night and this morning. Now I have SP Recovery for 2.1 on a 2.2 droid, and its restarting all by itself, shows no battery, no signal...its messed up. Any ideas as to how I can get SP Recovery removed? I'm in trouble here.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
We have a fix for you sbf rsdlite 2.01 will correct the issue

OP
F

FRFuzz

Reaction score
Thanks PC - file is downloading now, I'll update shortly when I get it flashed.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
This happened to someone when I was trying to help him install sapphire. It was because the recovery comes with a 2.1 kernel. You could just boot into recovery and flash a 2.2 kernel which would fix it too.

Sent from my Droid

OP
F

FRFuzz

Reaction score
Well, I tried flashing the 2.0.1 SBF file, and it failed. I'm not terribly literate when it comes to kernals and all of the more in depth stuff, can anyone walk me through this a little more?

OP
F

FRFuzz

Reaction score
Maybe I'm also misunderstanding the term "flash". By flashing, are you referring to using RSDLite? Thats what I tried. I have no other way of getting files to the phone right now - when I plug it in, I have no way to "mount" it so that a folder appears on my PC's desktop....almost like the phone isnt recognizing that its plugged in via USB.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'm also misunderstanding the term "flash". By flashing, are you referring to using RSDLite? Thats what I tried. I have no other way of getting files to the phone right now - when I plug it in, I have no way to "mount" it so that a folder appears on my PC's desktop....almost like the phone isnt recognizing that its plugged in via USB.

You could boot into recovery still, right? If so, then hook your phone up to the computer and go into the partition menu and enable usb mass storage. Then you can move files to and from your phone.

Sent from my Droid

OP
F

FRFuzz

Reaction score
That little piece of info saved my butt. I just installed 2.1 again for her until I can get sapphire figured out. For now, the phone is working.

Thanks to both of you for your assistance. I'm sure I'll be back for more eventually! dancedroid

loveisdead30

Reaction score
Just a heads up I did this as well today and now I am really screwed...Rescuers are still trying to help me fix it =/ So good luck friend!!