Wondering what Verizon phone I should get...

MrHatchi87

Reaction score
Hey there, It's been a while since I've posted here, and since my D2G finally crapped out, I'm in the market for a new phone. I thought I was going to have to wait till late November early December to get a phone; I was presently surprised to find that I'm eligible for an upgrade :icon_ banana:. The wife and I will be getting the same phone, so there is an element of cost that has to be attributed to the whole situation. I do like the large screen of the S3, but I keep seeing reports of some charging/battery issues; plus at $199 per phone is a little costly. I would like to stay in the 100$ range per phone, unless there is a SWEET deal that Verizon can offer me.

Is the Razr M something that I should shoot for? The specs behind it aren't bad for the price and the 4.3" screen isn't something to write home about, but still no slouch. I would love to wait it out for the Razr M HD, and the Razr Maxx HD, but I'm currently in an HTC Droid Eris; So you can see why I'm not willing to wait till the "holidays" to get a new phone. Obviously I'm not going to get the "new" iPhone..

Aside from that, there are a few phones I'm contemplating. The S3, The Razr Maxx, Galaxy Nexus, and the Razr M. Are there any other Verizon phones I should consider?

Thanks for taking the time to read all of that; I appreciate any feedback I get

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hopefully that helps narrow your choices.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OP
MrHatchi87

MrHatchi87

Reaction score
That does clear things up. Battery isn't usually a big thing. I'm always on campus and close to a power supply (given my Asus G73 gaming laptop); and at work having power outlets near by. I would like to not have to run to the charger every 4 hours, BUT its not the worst option in the world. I rarely play games on my phone; and when I do they're usually Kairosoft games and aren't visually demanding.

I do love the larger displays for looking at pictures and videos; and a camera isn't the key feature. I don't think I would use the front facing camera all that much, but it could be fun to mess around with. I'm going to stay with Verizon given that it's the cheapest option for me and my wife.

I've leaned towards the aforementioned phones, because of the powerhouses behind them. A dual-core 1.5Ghz with 1gig of ram will suffice.

OP
MrHatchi87

MrHatchi87

Reaction score
Also, not that it's entirely relevant, but can the Droid Razr M be rooted? The only reason is to remove some of the bloatware. I couldn't seem to find anything on it; Unless I'm a complete tard and not searching for the right terms

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Also, not that it's entirely relevant, but can the Droid Razr M be rooted? The only reason is to remove some of the bloatware. I couldn't seem to find anything on it; Unless I'm a complete tard and not searching for the right terms
If it's not rooted already I'm sure it will be eventually, and more likely sooner than later. It just released iirc

OP
MrHatchi87

MrHatchi87

Reaction score
If it's not rooted already I'm sure it will be eventually, and more likely sooner than later. It just released iirc

I would like to hope sometime soon; there are like 5 apps that are pure crap that need to be removed lol. I know i can "disable" it, but it's not the same lol.

I should be getting them this week; one white (for the wife) and one black for me. I've committed lol