What would you buy for < $100 to replace Inc2?

TheOldFart

Reaction score
I'm ready to replace my Incredible 2. I'm not a power user and I don't play games that need more power than the Inc2 provides. Here are the choices that I have considered.

Galaxy S3 - Free at BB after $50 rebate card - I'm leaning towards this or perhaps the Droid Mini depending on cost and specs.
Droid DNA - $50 at VZW - Is the battery enough?
RAZR HD - $50 at VZW - I don't like on screen buttons.
RAZR M - Free at VZW - Like the size, but again on screen buttons.
Wait for Droid Mini - Photo (if real) shows off screen buttons and it will likely sell for $99.99 at release. I think that's what the M started at.
Any others, but must be < $100. I also only buy at VZW or BB.

wardo

Reaction score
I have had both inc1 and 2,
Go with the gs3 if you are looking to spend less than 200
Samsung's are great

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
The s3 is a great phone and pretty good upgrade from your inc2, imo. I'm sure you'll be happy with it.

If you're wondering about the droid m I'd wait a couple of weeks to see what they say.

OP
TheOldFart

TheOldFart

Reaction score
The s3 is a great phone and pretty good upgrade from your inc2, imo. I'm sure you'll be happy with it.

If you're wondering about the droid m I'd wait a couple of weeks to see what they say.

Two votes for the S3. I was going to buy something this week, until I saw that Moto is making some announcement this coming Tuesday. I'll certainly wait until the 23rd to see if it is the new Droid series and what the Mini looks like.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
My vote goes to the S3 as well but like you said, might be a good idea to wait and see what the Mini has to offer.

OP
TheOldFart

TheOldFart

Reaction score
I was considering the DNA until I just realized it has no SD card slot. Two strikes - no SD and non-replaceable battery are just too much. I'm hoping that BB doesn't raise the price of the S3 back up to $99 before Tuesday in case I don't want the Droid Mini. Maybe I should just go get it today.

mamawm

Reaction score
i'll vote for the dna. the sd and battery are both non issues for me. after almost 2 years with the bionic that had 8gb on board and 8 gb sd card, i still had 11.5 gb unused, 7.5 on the sd card. so 16 gb on the dna should be more that enough for me. as to battery, i usually range 30-36 hours on a charge, about the same as i got on the bionic's extended battery. i'm not a fan of touchwiz, so sense it is.

wcjeep

Reaction score
HTC is not consistent with updates to the operating system. Samsung has already promised the S3/S4 to get 4.3. They might also see 5.0 if/when released.

OP
TheOldFart

TheOldFart

Reaction score
That small non-removable battery in the DNA, combined with a 5" 1080 screen, concerns me. I like the specs and performance of the S3 and the feel of the RAZR HD, so it's between these until I see what Moto might come out with today. That's assuming that the Verizon noon announcement is really for the new Droid Ultra series. The Moto X is out for me because if the relatively small battery and no SD slot. I like the S4, but I don't need the performance for $150. Still, I'm tempted. I suppose buying a phone is sort of like the recommendation for buying a dog. Get whatever you want, as the upkeep is much greater than the initial cost.