Wireless Tether

trebb

Reaction score
For some reason, the wireless tether app from the market isn't working. It's worked for me on GummyJar before. Anyone else having issues?

hazmat780

Reaction score
yes. I'm able to execute the program, tether a laptop, but i get a message from the program stating that the kernel doesnt support access control.

OP
T

trebb

Reaction score
Mine keeps saying, "unable to start tethering. Is your device rooted?"

Any ideas? I'm gonna need tethering on Sunday and everything else is running so smoothly!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Sweettreat

Reaction score
I'm getting the kernel message as well. Can we get the 3g hotspot app to work on liberty?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
T

trebb

Reaction score
I uninstalled and then reinstalled the app from the market, and it works now. I'm getting the message about access control, but I'm not really sure what that is so it's not really important to me. As long as I can connect my computer to it, which I now can.

juan512atx

Reaction score
Fix

well i was getting same error.. i went to the wifi tethers Dev site from the market and i manually downloaded the latest version 2.0.6 and everything is back to working..

heads up: i also tried the 3ghotspot patch and it worked however it messed up screen resolution and made EVERYTHING huge on my screen.. i even tried unpatching and it didnt fix. i had to wipe/factory reset and reflash liberty so from my expierience i WOULD NOT use the TBH patch

majorcovert

Reaction score
I used the TBH 3G Hotsport app with the patcher and everything worked fine

rgray331975

Reaction score
Go to more on description then copy site link. Go there and download. 5 version. If u read they took panal off in the update

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk