Wireless tether problem

clutch21

Reaction score
I used z4 root to root my droid x 2.2.1. I used the wireless tether feature with no problems. However, one night my phone updated to 2.3.3. The wireless tether feature has not worked since. When I try to open wireless tether I get the message " unable to start tether, is your phone rooted. Is it safe to use the same version of z4 to unroot my phone even though the operating system has changed. Please help!
Thanks,
Josh

TJF2011

Reaction score
I used z4 root to root my droid x 2.2.1. I used the wireless tether feature with no problems. However, one night my phone updated to 2.3.3. The wireless tether feature has not worked since. When I try to open wireless tether I get the message " unable to start tether, is your phone rooted. Is it safe to use the same version of z4 to unroot my phone even though the operating system has changed. Please help!
Thanks,
Josh

No you cannot root using z4root anymore... you went from froyo to gingerbread.. however there is a fast rooting option called superoneclick.. BUT!.... you have to get your existing superuser app off the phone.. otherwise it will not root... and how to do that??? Im still trying to figure that out... so good luck.. but thre are tons of posts about getting it off just look around

***GUMMYCHARGED***

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you use the D3 One Click Root tool you can re-root without issue. Also, there is a new version of z4root that works, you just have to be hooked to your computer while you run the app as it need the app for the exploit..

TJF2011

Reaction score
If you use the D3 One Click Root tool you can re-root without issue. Also, there is a new version of z4root that works, you just have to be hooked to your computer while you run the app as it need the app for the exploit..

Ya i tried the D3 one click root and 2 different phones and it did not work... as far as i know.. z4root only works on froyo... where do you find the new one?

***GUMMYCHARGED***

TJF2011

Reaction score
Also on the d3 one click root.. its says specifically that previous rooted droid x will not be able to root

***GUMMYCHARGED***

TJF2011

Reaction score
I'm talking about the z4root site not the one click root

***GUMMYCHARGED***