Root problems after OS upgrade to 2.2.1

gmiller

Reaction score
I have the original Motorola Droid A855 with os FRG83D 2.2.1. I had the phone successfully rooted and the wireless thether was working wonderfully with my notebook and ipad. About 3 weeks ago the os was upgraded from 2.2 to 2.2.1. Since the upgrade the wireless tether does not work. When I check superuser it saya I am rooted but when I attempt to run Wirerless Tether i get a message: "unable to start tethering". I also get basically the same message with Barnacle. Please help! Thanks beforehand..

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can you still use other apps that require root like root explorer?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Well, it could be because, as has been discussed so many times I feel like I'm beating a dead horse, any OTA update unroots every device it gets pushed to. :)

This has been known since, well, the Droid was rooted.

You'll have to use link 2 in my signature to reroot. If RSD Lite will not recognize your phone even after every trick we have has been exhausted, then we can move on to another rooting method. :)

:welcome: to the forum, by the way. We'll have your phone rooted and you going :woot: in no time.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's what I suspected too, but why is Super User still showing? Shouldn't that be removed when the root is removed.?