iPad tether help

Status
Not open for further replies.

nailerdog

Reaction score
Trouble tethering iPad Help!

RS, I've posted this elsewhere and get a lot of views but no response. I see others are having similar issues.

Been trying for some time to get a reliable tether working for an iPad. Have tried with both of my Droids. 1. Droid X rooted 2.2 running Wireless Tether App. 2. D1 rooted 2.2 running Wireless Tether App and also Barnacle. Have tried several iPads as well.

The only success at all has bee with Wireless Tether. It appears that Barnacle is not working on 2.2?

Have tried secured and unsecured connections with a variety of settings and none seem to work consistantly or with any reliability. I suspect it's something to do with it being an ADHOC connection?

iPad will see the Droid, attempt to connect and then drop. Then when you least expect it to it will connect and work great for a full session.

Tried lots of reset and power downs to try and get it to work as well.

Thanks in advance for the help.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
You are right, it's the adhoc connection. It works for some devices and not for others.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Wireless Tether is all I use for my iPad and it works flawlessly. I'm running it with Redemptive Revolution ROM with no problems at all. I honestly haven't seen a reason to try other tethering apps.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
OP, did you read my comment in the iPad forum about access control?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thread closed! Same thread in two other sections.

Status
Not open for further replies.