Wireless tether for bionic

RK KINGKONG

Reaction score
its been so long i cant recall if its even permitted to ask about tethering but if not please just DELETE THREAD thank you ,

I need a source for the tether anyone have one or can recommend one .. I had one on the DX but now it doesnt work on my Bionic

Last edited:

nitrap

Reaction score
its been so long i cant recall if its even permitted to ask about tethering but if not please just DELETE THREAD thank you ,

I need a source for the tether anyone have one or can recommend one .. I had one on the DX but now it doesnt work on my Bionic

Call Verizon.

bigkhan

Reaction score
go to the hacks section under bionic. and check the thred wireless tether. you will find a link that will show you how

M

Mullensbb

if you have unlimited data you should just pay 24.99 for unlimited tether....if you dont as of right now because of the 4g sim card there isnt a way to "cover your tracks" if you end up using 30b you're prob going to get busted and honestly i dont know what they would do but losing your unlimited data package just isnt worth it!

Snow02

Reaction score
if you have unlimited data you should just pay 24.99 for unlimited tether....if you dont as of right now because of the 4g sim card there isnt a way to "cover your tracks" if you end up using 30b you're prob going to get busted and honestly i dont know what they would do but losing your unlimited data package just isnt worth it!

I think many people can attest to that not being the case.

Graymayre

Reaction score
There is a thread somewhere that gives you detailed instructions for enabling wiring tethering on your bionic. He even shows you how to change the values in the programming to cover your tracks. Also, you can use the preinstalled mobile hotpot app with it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

M

Mullensbb

many people can attest to what? that they wont kick you off the unlimited? well i dont think many people have been caught. Mostly because previously rooted phones that were 3g could have "tracks covered" meaning data just looked like data. According to the guy who discovered the way to unlock the tethering by changing the check entitlement the bionic and the 4g sim card phone store your info and can not be tricked on stock rom and kernel. SO.....the 30gb of data doesn't just look like 30gb of data. it can be seen as tethered data and if you don't have a tethered plan then they know you're hacking/stealing.

So therefore I DO NOT think that "many people can attest" to anything being the case with the 4g phones yet.

As someone who tethered freely for free on 3g i don't oppose it but its risky right now and the fact is that there just hasnt been that many people caught tether on 4g gingerbread phones yet because it's just became possible and as the guy said on xda it cant be covered on the bionic yet.

Risk it if you want but Verizon is well within their rights to take away your unlimited, since "technically" they don't have it anymore, if they do catch you.

Just passing on the word from the guy who released the check entitlement hack that you tethering is clearly visible to Verizon for the time being....rooted or not

M

Mullensbb

did you read the entire discussion? i doubt it because the guy who released it goes on to say that the program (radiocom) does not work at covering your tracks! if people would read completely!

I am not trolling and you clearly don't understand what you are talking about.

I am the person who developed the edits that you are using in RadioComm!

"This is an LTE SIM based device and the NVM is overridden by the databases stored on the SIM for both CDMA EvDO and LTE authentication. They did this explicitly to control tethering on the LTE network.

I am not going anywhere and will continue to tell you that you are mistaken about using RadioComm for this purpose until you stop advising other people about things you don't understand, OK?

This isn't about you or your ego, its about spreading incorrect information and potentially damaging your phone."

"You didn't get it...the RadioComm part of this has no effect on the network's ability to track data usage because it is using SIM based authentication. You are including something which is unnecessary, does not work as you stated, and is dangerous on top of it.

That's all I am saying. Lose the RadioComm video...it makes you look ill informed and is likely to get other users in trouble for several reasons.

I will add that the SQLlite part is correct but there is more to the tracking part than you have covered here and the video and RadioComm part is flat out wrong and irresponsible."

MAYBE IF YOU WOULD READ! STOP SPREADING STUFF YOU HAVE NO CLUE ABOUT

M

Mullensbb

maybe you should read from about the 3rd page on! graymayre those are both quotes from the guy who released both hacks! it does not work at covering tracks on the bionic

M

Mullensbb

alas someone who knows nothing except the 4 posts he read of a huge discussion spreading misinformation like his a big boss man. Don't go telling people something is safe and it works if you have no clue what you are really talking about.

There are huge risks right now with rooted (free) tethering on the 4g sim card devices. Can you tether for free? YES. Can you cover your tracks? NO!. I don't frown upon free tethering in any way, but the truth should be told, so that people can make informed decisions about what they are doing and the consequences of them

Snow02

Reaction score
I am the person who developed the edits that you are using in RadioComm!

Heh, that hack has been around for years, before smart phones were even a thing. But that's pretty funny. Thanks.

Graymayre

Reaction score
I am not trolling and you clearly don't understand what you are talking about.

MAYBE IF YOU WOULD READ! STOP SPREADING STUFF YOU HAVE NO CLUE ABOUT

You could have made brief, informative statements to help the community with your knowledge about these things. Make references and post links to support your information instead of "yelling" at people who don't think like you do, because that never works. There is no need to rant over several posts with this overzealous attitude. Calmly state things, encourage discussion while avoiding argument. Scream in a pillow if you have to.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums