Wireless Tether Fix/Work Around

akiles

Reaction score
An SBF is a file that would restore the phone to factory status -is not the same as the files you flash when you install a rom.
The recovery is a little program that bypasses the moto recovery -well, kind of. You still boot with moto's bootloader.

bogginblazer

Reaction score
An SBF is a file that would restore the phone to factory status -is not the same as the files you flash when you install a rom.
The recovery is a little program that bypasses the moto recovery -well, kind of. You still boot with moto's bootloader.

Why cant we sbf to dx2 gb?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

bogginblazer

Reaction score
Can we run this or another type like the bionic? Or is the kernal the problem?

spyder560

Reaction score
spyder,
1.- try undoing what you did with sqlite. reboot.
2.- freeze the built-in mhs. reboot.
3.- install wireless tether
4.- try again.

eveything work fine for me and the difference between your phone and mine is the sqlite hack and the frozen mhs app. the only issue i have is that i still get the mhs notif. even though the app is frozen, but everything works.

please keep us posted.

Sent from my A500 using DroidForums

thanks bud..I'll definitely try these steps and report back. bluetooth - how do you connect this way? is there a specific app for this? do you even need to be rooted?

bogginblazer

Reaction score
different phone.
for one, the dx2 does not have the lte radio. different processor, etc. you'd screw up your phone if you flash that (if the flash goes thru.)

Bionic 4lte

bogginblazer

Reaction score
What did you buy, a bionic or a RAZR?

I have a razr. Im just trying to think out of the box. So if some one messes up there phone, aka me :) they can sbf back to something that would work. I need some one who is smarter then me with this to confirm or deni my theory. Also why won't it work.

akiles

Reaction score
I don't think it would.
Why? different phones, different hardware. Think of this: what would you think would happen if you flashed an nvidia card with the radeon rom?
Sure both platforms are very similar, and you could mess with them and maybe get it to work, but why take a risk with a $700 device? I would not want to flash a rom on my phone without a SBF... let alone try an SBF.
+1 for thinking out of the box, but wait a little and you may get an SBF.
As to "why" specifically it will not work... I belong to the category of the ones "not smart enough" to answer that. I can hardly use the linux terminal.

I have a razr. Im just trying to think out of the box. So if some one messes up there phone, aka me :) they can sbf back to something that would work. I need some one who is smarter then me with this to confirm or deni my theory. Also why won't it work.

akiles

Reaction score
thanks bud..I'll definitely try these steps and report back. bluetooth - how do you connect this way? is there a specific app for this? do you even need to be rooted?

See this thread
Native Bluetooth tethering works with the RAZR
in short:
1.- enable bt
2.- disable wifi
3.- enable bt in other device
4.- pair devices -nothing will happen after this, they'll both be disconnected
5.- this is where it gets tricky: from the other device connect to the bluetooth pan (private area network). But your other device must have PAN profile.

BlownSi05

Reaction score
I am rooted on my Razr running this wifi tether. When I start the tether, the factory loaded mobile hotspot app comes up as well saying it has detected a hotspot, but nothing is configured as far as that app goes. Just trying to make sure that this is not going to bite me in the arse later. Has anyone else dealt with this? Also, this is not my first Android nor my first venture with rooting.:D Thank in advance!

akiles

Reaction score
The same happens in my razr; even though the mob hot spot app is frozen.
As long as your data usage is not excessive, you should be fine. I use mine for "emergencies" only. I don't think anyone can tell how you use your data.

If you want complete untrackability, try tethering via BT -no additional software required. Just enable BT, pair, and connect from the other device. My understanding is that this is untrackable.

I am rooted on my Razr running this wifi tether. When I start the tether, the factory loaded mobile hotspot app comes up as well saying it has detected a hotspot, but nothing is configured as far as that app goes. Just trying to make sure that this is not going to bite me in the arse later. Has anyone else dealt with this? Also, this is not my first Android nor my first venture with rooting.:D Thank in advance!