Wireless Tether Fix/Work Around

jacobjer

Reaction score
Grrrr...worked flawlessly yesterday turned it on / off multiple times fired right up when i needed it. I knew it must have been a dream....not getting any download speed again. Same issue I've been having. It just hangs at. 04kps download speed 0 upload but appears to be working just not actually working. I love this application (when it works for me) but consistency is the issue. Maybe 1 out of 10 attempts it will work....is this something others have issues with or? I did freeze the stock app recommended in this thread when it wouldnt work for me today....no go.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

akiles

Reaction score
I don't believe you have to freeze the stock app. I suggested it to spyder because he was having a weird issue so I wanted to try with his phone looking exactly the way mine does.

1.- which app are you using to start tethering?
2.- is wifi off?
3.- did you mess with the settings in the tethering app? -not talking about the stock one
4.- what device are you trying to tether? i.e. tablet, laptop, etc

jacobjer

Reaction score
I'm using the wireless tether app....3.1 beta, settings documented a little further back in this thread
No wifi is off when i attempt (should it be on?)
And lastly if i could get it to connect i would be connecting to a laptop or allowing friends to wifi connect to me from their phones....worked yesterday...?

jtsativa420

Reaction score
Wifi should be off. Even if it's on it will turn off automatically. Also mine always shows the .4 dl and 0 ul until i actually connect to it. I only changed the ssid name and left all other settings alone and it works perfectly every time.

akiles

Reaction score
...and make sure you have the right password. It defaults to the first 8 letters af the alphabet.
Dont forget to disable access control.

jtsativa420

Reaction score
Is disabling access control mandatory? I didn't set up a password nor disable access control and am running it just fine.

jacobjer

Reaction score
I'm not where I can test this out right now....but you mean to tell me I fire up the tether app and I won't really see any action in download speed box till someone connects or I connect with another device? If that's then case I feel like a moron!

akiles

Reaction score
lol
yes
nothing will hapen -other than battery drain- until you plug a device.
another thing:make sure you set the profile to razr.

Sent from my A500 using DroidForums

jtsativa420

Reaction score
Lmao! It's ok we all have our moments. It's not a speed monitor but a data usage scale to tell you what's been dl'd/ul'd.

Swyped from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums.

bogginblazer

Reaction score
Why not just remove the stock app since ur rooted. If that is the prob and if it messes up you can always sbf back.

akiles

Reaction score
Wifi security is not, but like a big dummy when I first tried it, I had it enabled and forgot to set the password and could not connect for while.
Access control -while a great idea- it never worked neither on my X nor on my razr. When I enabled it, nothing can connect.

I left it on by accident while testing while in my office with no wifi security, just to discover a coworker "hacking" my wifi with her ipad. The nerve of these apple people! :)

Does it work for you with access control?

Is disabling access control mandatory? I didn't set up a password nor disable access control and am running it just fine.

jtsativa420

Reaction score
Wifi security is not, but like a big dummy when I first tried it, I had it enabled and forgot to set the password and could not connect for while.
Access control -while a great idea- it never worked neither on my X nor on my razr. When I enabled it, nothing can connect.

I left it on by accident while testing while in my office with no wifi security, just to discover a coworker "hacking" my wifi with her ipad. The nerve of these apple people! :)

Does it work for you with access control?

Not sure, I haven't tried. I just now realized it is off by default. I assumed it was on by default since you said make sure you disable it.

Swyped from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums.