Wireless tether doesn't like macs?

VideoGameMatt

Reaction score
One of the main reasons i rooted was for wireless tether and it doesn't work with my mac for some reason. But i have a netbook running windows 7 and that connects with no problems. Am i doing something wrong? Or does wireless tether not support macs? I've tried wireless tether and barnacle tether and both haven't worked. If it helps im running BB 1.1 with bekits 1 ghz kernel

Reaction score
It shouldn't be a problem to connect to a Mac. My wireless tether connects to both my Macbook and my iPad. I would try some different kernals or see if the stock BB 1.1 works. I am running BB Froyo V.0.2.1 and everything works great on the stock ROM. Might just be something flaky with the install also...

mcinvaille

Reaction score
I am currently connected using wireless tether on my MBP. However, I do notice that the connection icon looks different on my Mac than normal. It looks like the typical disconnect "wave" except it shows a picture of a monitor inside of the wave.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
IIRC it's an ad-hoc connection versus infrastructure. It's possible that might have something to do with the OP's situation.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've flashed several roms (BB, SD, Cyano) and all been able to tether with my Mac Book Pro. At times, I need to press the enable access control.

Mike

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've flashed several roms (BB, SD, Cyano) and all been able to tether with my Mac Book Pro. At times, I need to press the enable access control.

Mike

I've had to do that before as well when tethering to my MacBook Pro. Sometimes it takes a few minutes to actually connect for some reason.

OP
VideoGameMatt

VideoGameMatt

Reaction score
I have the most recent version and i got bluetooth PAN working on wireless tether but the wifi still is being odd, it connects but wont give me internet. But using barnacle i can use wifi and that works almost immediately so maybe wireless tether doesn't like me? Over the past few days i've gone from BB 1.1 with the 1 GHz bekit kernel, then a blueberry themed jrummy froyo rom with i forget which kernel, and now i'm back to BB 1.1 and now i'm running the p3 low voltage 1 GHz kernel and wireless tether has never worked with wifi for me.