Wireless Tether Now Available With Stock Kernel

samiusmc

Reaction score
In case you haven't heard, there is a new app in the Market that allows rooted users to tether their Droid's to other devices such as laptops without the need to connect the device to the Droid using its USB cable.

The app is called "Barnacle" and it's free in the Market. Prior to this app, the only way to tether the Droid was with a USB cable using apps such as “Easy Tether” or “PdaNet”. The only way to accomplish wireless tethering was with the use of a custom kernel the user had to install. With Barnacle, the user is able to go wireless using the stock kernel. This is useful to anyone who is concerned about using a custom kernel. The only limitation is that you MUST be rooted to use Barnacle.

coolkidd

Reaction score
In case you haven't heard, there is a new app in the Market that allows rooted users to tether their Droid's to other devices such as laptops without the need to connect the device to the Droid using its USB cable.

The app is called "Barnacle" and it's free in the Market. Prior to this app, the only way to tether the Droid was with a USB cable using apps such as “Easy Tether” or “PdaNet”. The only way to accomplish wireless tethering was with the use of a custom kernel the user had to install. With Barnacle, the user is able to go wireless using the stock kernel. This is useful to anyone who is concerned about using a custom kernel. The only limitation is that you MUST be rooted to use Barnacle.

FYI.... PDANet can tether now using Bluetooth....:icon_ banana:

LdaSense420

Reaction score
ive been using pdanet also...u can tether thru BT or USB...i dunno if the other apps do this but when im tethering thru usb and i recieve a text message it pops up on my laptop and i can reply without ever touching my phone...pretty coo imo...

cyberjeff

Reaction score
Barnacle Wifi Tether is working for me too. I have a moto droid running 2.1 ese81 by pete which was loaded on with the rom manager app. Thanks for the heads up samiusmc.