Wireless Tether App works with xbox/MW2

cromo8

Reaction score
last night my wifi crashed and i couldnt reset my router since my router is in my parents room and they were sleeping already, so i tested my wireless tether app on my xbox to play modern warfare 2, it actually worked flawlessly, on my wifi i have great speeds of 25 mbps download and around 5 up, but im never able to host since my connection is set to moderate, but when i used this even with the slow download speeds i was selected as a host and was able to play with absolutely no lag, and i actually got my first nuke ever

it used about 40MB down and 50 up per game

just sharing info

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
I am to the point where I have my computer set up to share my internet, but I apparently need a ethernet->usb adapter to plug into my Wii.

dontcare

Reaction score
Wifi App is amazing. I use it for my computer (to type this right now) and on my PS3. There's literally no steps, download a wifi tether app, click the icon when you open the app up just like a flashlight app, and its go time. Pretty sure you gotta have root access, and probably 2.2 (thats what I have anyway), cuz everytime I switch it on it says "granted superuser access".

xtremecanefan

Reaction score
I did this when i moved and didn't have my internet set up. Managed to play a few hours worth of Halo 3 until i decided the phone was getting to hot and shut it off.

EDIT: Need root, doesn't matter on version as long as it is 2.0+

Just get the WifiTether app and start it up. Should show up on whatever you are trying to connect's wifi list (where you would see a wireless router).

Last edited:

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
one more reason I may end up rooting sooner or later.... haven't justified it yet.... but I honestly think I am going to end up doing it eventually...